|Princess Yōko of Mikasa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Princess Yōko of Mikasa is a member of the Imperial House of Japan. She is the 2nd daughter of Prince Tomohito of Mikasa and Princess Tomohito of Mikasa (Nobuko).
Princess Yōko of Mikasa
Japanese Red Cross Medical Center, Hiroo, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
For her primary, junior high, and high school education, Princess Yōko of Mikasa studied at the prestigious Gakushūin School. She later graduated from Gakushuin Women’s College with a degree in Japanese Studies.
Member of the Imperial House of Japan
- Father – Prince Tomohito of Mikasa (Member of the Imperial House of Japan) (1946-2012)
- Mother – Princess Tomohito of Mikasa (Member of the Japanese Imperial Family as the widow of Prince Tomohito of Mikasa)
- Siblings – Princess Akiko of Mikasa (Older Sister) (Member of the Imperial House of Japan)
- Others – Takahito, Prince Mikasa (Paternal Grandfather) (Member of the Imperial House of Japan), Yuriko, Princess Mikasa (Paternal Grandmother) (Member of the Imperial House of Japan as the widow of Takahito, Prince Mikasa), Takakichi Asō (Maternal Grandfather) (Chairman of the Aso Company, Member of the House of Representatives from 1949 to 1955), Kazuko Yoshida (Maternal Grandmother), Yasuko Konoe (Paternal Aunt) (Former member of the Imperial Family of Japan), Yoshihito, Prince Katsura (Paternal Uncle) (Member of the Imperial House of Japan), Masako Sen (Paternal Aunt) (Former member of the Imperial Family of Japan), Norihito, Prince Takamado (Paternal Uncle) (Member of the Imperial House of Japan), Tarō Asō (Maternal Uncle) (Prime Minister of Japan from 2008 to 2009 and Deputy Prime Minister of Japan and Minister of Finance from 2012 to 2021)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Japanese ancestry.
Princess Yōko of Mikasa Facts
- From an early age, she started practicing the traditional Japanese martial art of kendo. In 2005, she was selected to participate in exhibition tournaments in France and Germany as well as in the Aichi World’s Fair.
- Princess Yōko attended the national convention Kendo Housewives in July 2006.
- She has worked with the Japanese Red Cross Society.
- In August 2013, Princess Yōko was inaugurated as the Patron of the International Association for Universal Design (IAUD). The position was previously held by her father.
- She was inaugurated as the President of the Social Welfare Organization Yuai Jyuji Kai in January 2014.
- She is styled as Her Imperial Highness Princess Yōko.
Featured Image by 総務省 (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications) / 総務省ホームページ / CC BY 4.0