|Rachin Ravindra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 18, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rachin Ravindra is a New Zealand international cricketer who made his international debut for the New Zealand cricket team in September 2021.
Wellington, New Zealand
- Father – Ravi Krishnamurthy (Software Architect, Played club-level cricket in his hometown Bangalore, India)
- Mother – Deepa Krishnamurthy
Slow left-arm orthodox
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rachin Ravindra has dated –
- Premila Morar – He has been romantically involved with Premila Morar.
Race / Ethnicity
Rachin Ravindra is of Indian descent.
Rachin Ravindra Facts
- He was 5 years old when he started playing hardball cricket in Wellington. Also, he used to travel to Bangalore, India every year in order to play club cricket there.
- His first name “Rachin” is a portmanteau of the first names of noted former Indian cricketers Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar. However, he was not named after them. The name ‘Rachin’ was suggested by his mother to his father and they agreed upon that.
- Rachin Ravindra was part of New Zealand’s squads for the 2016 and 2018 Under-19 World Cups.
- He was named as the rising star of the squad by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for the conclusion of the 2018 edition.
- He was awarded a contract with Wellington for the 2018–19 season in June 2018.
- On October 21, 2018, Rachin Ravindra made his List A debut for New Zealand A against Pakistan A.
- He then went on to make his first-class debut for New Zealand A in a game against Pakistan A on October 30, 2018.
- Rachin Ravindra registered his first century in List A cricket while batting for Wellington against Auckland in the 2019–20 Ford Trophy on November 25, 2019.
- He scored his debut century in first-class cricket in round six of the 2019–20 Plunket Shield season in March 2020.
- He received a contract from Wellington ahead of the 2020–21 domestic cricket season in June 2020.
- Rachin Ravindra was a part of the New Zealand A cricket team for practice matches against the touring West Indies team in November 2020. He went on to score a century (with 112 runs) in the first practice match.
- He made it to New Zealand’s Test squad for their series against England in April 2021 as well as for the final of the 2019–21 ICC World Test Championship.
- In 2021, Rachin Ravindra was named in New Zealand’s Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for their tour of Bangladesh and in the One Day International (ODI) squad for their tour of Pakistan. On September 1, 2021, he made his T20I debut in a match against Bangladesh.
- In November 2021, he was selected to be a part of New Zealand’s Test squad for their series against India. On November 25, 2021, he made his Test debut for New Zealand in a match against India.
- He was signed by Durham County Cricket Club in June 2022 in order to play in the County Championship in England. The same month, he made his debut for Durham and scored a century against Worcestershire, which was eventually converted into his first double century (with 217 runs).
- On March 25, 2023, Rachin Ravindra made his ODI debut for New Zealand in a game against Sri Lanka.
- After he was named in New Zealand’s squad for the 2023 World Cup, he went on to become the 4th Kiwi player to hit a century on World Cup debut (by scoring 123* runs off just 96 balls) in the opening match against England. This also became the fastest century by any New Zealand player in World Cups (completing it in 82 balls) and the 4th highest partnership (along with Devon Conway) in World Cup history. This performance helped his team beat the defending champions.
- In November 2023, he created history by becoming the youngest cricketer (aged 23 years and 351 days) to score at least 500 runs in his maiden ODI World Cup.
Featured Image by Premila Morar / Instagram