|Radhika Gupta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Year of Birth||1983|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Radhika Gupta is an Indian business executive who is best known as the managing director & CEO of Edelweiss Asset Management Limited, one of India’s leading asset managers. An arm of the Edelweiss Group (an investment and financial services company based in Mumbai), the firm manages customer assets aggregating more than USD 10 billion across alternative and traditional mutual funds. Radhika holds the distinction of being India’s first female head of a major asset management firm. She became a household name in India in late 2023 when she was unveiled as one of the ‘sharks’ on the third season of Shark Tank India, the Indian version of the popular reality TV franchise Shark Tank where entrepreneurs make business presentations to a panel of investors or ‘sharks’ who decide whether to invest in their company.
Radhika was born in the year 1983.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Radhika, after her high school graduation, had joined the University of Pennsylvania, an Ivy League (a group of 8 private research universities in the Northeastern United States that symbolize academic excellence, selectivity in admissions, and social elitism) university in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She attained a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the university’s School of Engineering and Applied Science.
She also earned another Bachelor of Science degree (in economics) from The Wharton School, the business school of the University of Pennsylvania. Established in 1881, it is the world’s oldest collegiate business school. Radhika had completed the latter degree by 2005, graduating summa cum laude (with highest praise), typically awarded to graduates in the top 1%, 2%, or 5% of their class, depending on the institution.
- Father – Yogesh Gupta (Retired Diplomat)
- Mother – Arti Gupta (Retired Teacher)
- Siblings – Anubhav Gupta (Younger Brother) (IT Professional)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Radhika has dated –
- Nalin Moniz – Through her long-term marriage to fellow business executive and investment manager Nalin Moniz, Radhika has a son named Rémy Gupta Moniz (b. June 2022).
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder, length, straight hair
- Gleaming face
- Cheerful smile
Radhika Gupta Facts
- Radhika was born in Pakistan as her father, a diplomat, was stationed in that country at that time. She lived and grew up in multiple countries due to the nature of her father’s work.
- There were multiple complications during her birth which left her with a permanently bent neck which, in turn, led to an abnormal tilt of her head.
- Soon after graduating from the University of Pennsylvania in 2005, Radhika started her career at McKinsey & Company (a worldwide management consulting firm) – as a business analyst.
- In 2006, she joined the global asset allocation team at AQR Capital Management, LLC (an investment management firm based in Greenwich, Connecticut, United States) – as a portfolio manager.
- In 2009, after moving back to India, Radhika co-founded a company called Forefront Capital Management. It was acquired by Edelweiss Group (officially known as Edelweiss Financial Services Limited, an investment and financial services company based in Mumbai) in 2014.
- She was appointed the CEO of Edelweiss Asset Management Limited (an arm of the Edelweiss Group) in 2017. Before this, she had headed Edelweiss Multi Strategy Funds Management Pvt. Ltd. where she was responsible for setting the strategic direction, overseeing investments, sales, and distribution.
- In April 2022, Radhika published a book titled Limitless: The Power of Unlocking Your True Potential.
Featured Image by Radhika Gupta / Instagram