|Rahul Chahar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1999|
Rahul Chahar is an Indian cricketer who is best known for his contribution to the Indian national team. Besides that, Chahar also earned recognition after becoming a leading wicket take for the “2018–19 Vijay Hazare Trophy”. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 50k followers on Twitter, more than 50k followers on Facebook, and more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Rahul Desraj Chahar
Bharatpur, Rajasthan, India
Rahul dropped out of school to focus on cricket practice after the 4th grade.
- Father – Brijraj Chahar (Real Estate Dealer)
- Siblings – Sanjana Chahar (Younger Sister)
- Others – Deepak Chahar (Older Cousin Brother) (Cricketer), Malti Chahar (Older Cousin Sister) (Actress, Model), Lokendra Singh Chahar (Paternal Uncle) (Retired Indian Air Force Officer)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rahul has dated –
- Ishani Johar (2014-Present) – In 2014, he had started dating Ishani Johar. In 2019, they had got engaged. In March 2022, he married her in a private ceremony in Goa, India just before the Indian Premier League 2022. Deepak was 22 at the time of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
- Keeps a thin goatee beard style
- He has a bunch of tattoos on his left arm and forearm.
Through his social media, he has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as –
Rahul Chahar Facts
- He was raised in Rajasthan alongside his cousin’s cricketer Deepak and actress and model Malti Chahar.
- Rahul and Deepak have an age difference of 7 years between them.
- He started his cricket training at the age of 8 at his uncle’s academy in Agra.
- Initially, Rahul wanted to be a fast bowler. However, after having seen him struggle, Lokendra advised him to try bowling leg-spin and stuck with it.
- He was not very strong academically and only wanted to play cricket.
- Rahul and his cousin grew up on a very strict routine, they would practice from 8 in the morning till midnight with only a 2 to 3-hour lunch or break time in between.
- Despite being a leg-spin googly bowler, he follows a fast bowler’s training routine.
- He and Deepak Chahar are very close to one another and are often referred to as siblings by fans.
- Rahul played first-class for Rajasthan at the “2016–17 Ranji Trophy” on November 5, 2016.
- On February 25, 2017, he made his List-A debut at the “2016–17 Vijay Hazare Trophy.”
- When Rahul started off, he was bought by the Rising Pune Supergiant for INR 10 lakhs for the 2017 IPL. However, a year later, he was scooped up by the Mumbai Indians in January 2018 for INR 1.9 crore.
- In 2018, he was selected to play in India’s C squad for the 2018–19 Deodhar Trophy.
- He admires cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Ajinkya Rahane for their good nature.
- Rahul made his Twenty20 International format debut against West Indies on August 6, 2019.
- He was chosen to be part of the Green team’s squad for the “2019–20 Duleep Trophy”.
- Rahul had learned plenty of tips from Pakistani-South African cricketer Imran Tahir who played along with Rahul for the Rising Pune Supergiant.
- He is an all-rounder player who bowls leg break googly.
Featured Image By Rahul Chahar / Instagram