|Jung Ye-rin (Yerin) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jung Ye-rin (Yerin) is a South Korean singer and actress who is best known for being a former member of the 6-piece girl group, GFriend, alongside Sowon, Eunha, Yuju, SinB, and Umji. As a member of GFriend, she has worked the diverse discography of the girl group which has released a variety of singles, EPs, and albums such as LOL, Time for Us, Season of Glass, Snowflake, Rainbow, Flower Bud, The Awakening, Fever Season, Time for the Moon Night, Parallel, Sunny Summer, Me Gustas Tu, Rough, Glass Bead, Memoria, Sunrise, and numerous others. Yerin has also appeared on many shows which include GFriend Summer Vacation in Okinawa, Mamamoo x GFriend Showtime, and GFriend – Where R U Going?!. She has also shared credit for a large number of awards won by GFriend such as Gaon Chart Music Awards, Golden Disc Awards, Melon Music Awards, Mnet Asian Music Awards, Seoul Music Awards, Soribada Best K-Music Awards, Japan Gold Disc Award, MTV Europe Music Awards, and Asia Model Award. Moreover, GFriend has also gained success on a global basis and enjoys more than 4 million followers on Instagram, more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter, more than a million followers on Facebook, and more than 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
Incheon, Seoul National Capital Area, South Korea
Yerin went to the School of Performing Arts Seoul, which is located in Gung-dong, Guro-gu, Seoul, South Korea, along with her fellow GFriend groupmates Sowon, Eunha, Yuju, SinB, and Umji.
- Father – Jung Young-don
- Mother – Jung Hyun-nam
- Sibling – Yerin has an older brother.
Yerin was represented by Source Music and Sublime Artist Agency in the past.
She is currently represented by Bill Entertainment.
Source Music (Former), King Records Co., Ltd.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 lbs
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yerin has revealed that her first love was one of her classmates. Moreover, she has also said that her ideal type is someone who is like the actor and singer, Lee Hyun-woo.
Race / Ethnicity
Yerin is of South Korean descent.
She has often dyed her hair in different shades.
- Toned body
- Charming smile
- Often sports forehead bangs
- Pouty lips
As a member of GFriend, Yerin has been a part of a number of commercials for brands such as Pepsi, Hyundai Sonata, and several others.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the girl group, named GFriend, which also included Sowon, Eunha, Yuju, SinB, and Umji and has been formed by the entertainment company, Source Music. The group made its debut with the release of the EP, Season of Glass, on January 15, 2015, and has since released a large number of singles, albums, music videos, and EPs such as Time for Us, LOL, Fever Season, Season of Glass, Flower Bud, The Awakening, Me Gustas Tu, Time for the Moon Night, Snowflake, Parallel, Rough, Glass Bead, Sunny Summer, Rainbow, Fingertip, Love Whisper, Memoria, and many others.
- Having been a part of GFriend‘s 3rd EP, Snowflake, which was released on January 25, 2016, and included tracks such as Rough, Snowflake, Someday, Say My Name, Luv Star, and Trust. The EP was ranked at number #2 in the Gaon Album Chart, at number #195 in the Oricon Albums Chart, and at number #10 in the U.S. Billboard Chart. One of the tracks, titled “Rough”, became particularly popular winning Gaon Chart Music Award in the “Song of the Year (January)” category, Golden Disc Award in the “Digital Bonsang” category, Melon Music Award in the “Best Dance (Female)” category, and Mnet Asian Music Award in the “Best Dance Performance – Female Group” category as well as getting ranked at number #3 in YouTube’s top 10 “Most Viewed K-Pop Videos Around the World in January 2016” and at number #2 in the top 10 “K-pop MVs most beloved by South Koreans in 2016”. Rough also accomplished the feat of becoming the most downloaded song in 2016 according to Gaon Chart’s 2016 Year End Download Chart.
- The 6th EP, Time for the Moon Night, which was released on April 30, 2018, by the girl group GFriend and which peaked at number #1 in the Gaon Album Chart, at number #63 in the Oricon Albums Chart, and at number #6 in the U.S. Billboard Chart. It comprised of songs like Time for the Moon Night, Love Bug, Bye, Flower Garden, Tik Tik, and You Are My Star and also won a Melon Music Award in the “Best Music Video” category. Additionally, it was nominated for a Gaon Chart Music Award in the “Song of the Year (April)” category, Golden Disc Award in the “Digital Daesang” category, and Soompi Award in the “Music Video of the Year” category. In 2018, the EP’s track, “Time for the Moon Night”, also became the first song of the year to win all the prizes in musical programs.
- Releasing GFriend‘s 7th EP, Fever Season, on July 1, 2019, which was ranked at number #1 in the Gaon Album Chart, at number #73 in the Oricon Albums Chart, and at number #10 in the U.S. Billboard Chart
- Having won a large number of awards, as a member of GFriend, which include Gaon Chart Music Awards, Golden Disc Awards (GDA), Melon Music Awards (MMA), Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), Seoul Music Awards (SMA), Soribada Best K-Music Awards (SOBA), The Fact Music Awards, Japan Gold Disc Award, MTV Europe Music Awards, MBC Show Champion Awards, 13th Annual Soompi Award, Asia Model Award, and numerous others
- The immense global popularity of the girl group GFriend as it has gained a huge fan base on social media with more than 4 million followers on Instagram, more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter, more than a million followers on Facebook, and more than 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube
As a member of GFriend, Yerin released her first studio album, LOL, on July 11, 2016, via Source Music and LOEN Entertainment and it consisted of songs such as Fall in Love, Navillera, LOL, Water Flower, Mermaid, Distance, Gone with the Wind, Compass, and Click. Moreover, it was ranked at number #3 in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart and at number #7 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart and was also nominated for a Golden Disc Award in the “Disk Daesang” category in 2017 as well as a Soompi Award in the “Album of the Year” category the same year.
Yerin stayed fit by working out on a regular basis alongside her other GFriend group mates and the members often posted their workout videos on Instagram as well. Additionally, Yerin also maintains her enviable physique by indulging in dance sessions.
Yerin Favorite Things
- Anime TV Show – One Piece
- She grew up in South Korea alongside her older brother.
- She has been nicknamed ‘Ginseng’ because she always tries to boost the energy levels of her fellow artists.
- Before becoming a part of Source Music, Yerin had trained with both Fantagio as well as Cube Entertainment.
- YouTube ranked the music video for the song, Glass Bead, from the EP titled Season of Glass at the 9th spot in the top 10 “Most Viewed K-Pop Videos Around the World in January 2015” list. Soon after, on January 28, 2015, the girl group was named as one of the “Top 5 K-Pop Artists to Watch in 2015”.
- Her name ‘Yerin’ means ‘treasure’.
- GFriend‘s fame skyrocketed when it was nominated as the only girl group in the 2015 MTV Europe Music Awards in the “Best Korean Act” category alongside boy groups such as B1A4, BTS, Got7, and VIXX.
- Yerin shares her birth date with her GFriend groupmate, Umji. Also, both of them have ‘Ye’ in their birth names.
- She has also appeared as a featured artist in the music video for the song I Wish by the former pop-rock duo, M&D.
- One of her special talents is that she can flip pancakes. She is also skilled at doing a Doraemon voice impression.
- During her time in the School of Performing Arts Seoul, one of Yerin’s classmates was Red Velvet‘s Joy and they have also shared a close friendship. Moreover, Yerin has also been friends with Oh Ha-young of the girl group, Apink.
- She also shares a close bond with Twice‘s members: Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Jihyo.
- She is a major manga and anime fan.
- Yerin struggles with acrophobia, an extreme or irrational fear of heights.
- GFriend‘s first-ever fan meet, named “Dear Buddy”, was organized in April 2017.
- Yerin has also been cast as a lead artist, alongside Nam Taehyun and Sangdo from the boy group named Topp Dogg (later Xeno-T), on the TV show, Girl of 0AM.
- She is a big fan of the SM Entertainment groups, namely, Shinee and Girls’ Generation (a.k.a SNSD).
- Sometimes, she suffers from motion sickness.
- Yerin has made a cameo appearance in the web-drama show, Just One Bite.
- She has been cast in the survival show, Under Nineteen.
- As a member of GFriend, she has made appearances in a number of shows such as GFriend! Look After Our Dog, Mamamoo x GFriend Showtime, GFriend Summer Vacation in Okinawa, GFriend Loves Europe, One Fine Day, GFriend – Where R U Going?!, and The Friends in Adriatic Sea.
- Yerin is also known for her signature ‘Chicken Dance’.
- She does not like to eat raw carrot.
- In 2015, GFriend‘s another track, Me Gustas Tu, was released and while the group was performing in one of the promotional events for the song, the members fell on the stage several times owing to the slippery floor. This brought much attention their way and their video of that particular show also became viral in September 2015 and GFriend members were highly praised for their professionalism. During the incident, Yuju even twisted one of her fingers and fell on stage for around 8 times.
- She loves dancing and working out in her free time.
- Yerin likes chocolate, dolls, and diaries.
- She lives by the words “have no regrets”.
- In May 2021, it was announced that all 6 members of GFriend had left Source Music following the end of their contracts and the group had disbanded.
- In June 2021, Yerin signed a deal with Sublime Artist Agency as a solo artist. In March 2023, it was revealed that she had parted ways with the agency.
- In April 2023, it was revealed that Yerin had signed an exclusive contract with the agency, Bill Entertainment.
- Her official fan club name is “Woorin”.
- Follow GFriend on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Spotify, iTunes, and Facebook.
Featured Image by 정듀오 / Tistory.com / CC BY 4.0