|Joy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1996|
Joy is a South Korean singer and dancer who rose to fame after becoming a member of the famous South Korean girl band Red Velvet. Apart from the band, she has also played the on-screen wife on the 4th season of the show We Got Married. She has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Lotte Pepero and Baskin-Robbins.
Kkyeopjoy (Cute Joy), Doongdoongie
Jeju Island, South Korea
Joy attended the School of Performing Arts in Seoul, from where she graduated in February 2015.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Park Ji-yeong (Younger Sister), Park Min-ji (Younger Sister)
She is represented by SM Entertainment.
K-pop, Electropop, R&B
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joy hasn’t dated anyone publicly yet but she stated in an interview that her ideal type is someone who is similar to rock singer Park Wan Kyu.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’, ‘red’, or ‘dark brown’.
As a member of Red Velvet, Joy has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Lotte Pepero (201)
- Baskin-Robbins (2015)
- Meters/bonwe (China) in 2015
- BLACK Martine SITBON (2015)
- The Saem (2016)
- Toreore Chicken (2016)
- STARCON (2016)
- NCSOFT Mobile Game ‘Lineage Red Knights’ (2017)
- NCSOFT Mobile Game ‘Pro Baseball H2’ (2017)
- The Shilla Duty-Free (2017)
- Etude House in 2018
- Mobile Game ‘Eternal Light’ (2018)
She has also endorsed –
- Etude House (2015)
- Skechers (2017)
Joy has also collaborated for the endorsement of –
- Red Cross Youth – Honorary Ambassador (2016)
- King Sejong Institute – Goodwill Ambassador (2017)
- Swarovski ‘Rookie’ (2017)
- Columbia x Sorel ‘Peek-a-boo’ (2017)
- Gyeonggi Provincial Office of Education – Public Ambassador in 2018
Her religious beliefs aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
Being the lead rapper and vocalist of South-Korean girl group, Red Velvet
Joy’s debut album was The Red, with her band, Red Velvet. The album was released on September 9, 2015.
She hasn’t made her theatrical film debut yet.
First TV Show
In 2015, Joy made her first TV show appearance on We Got Married.
Joy, like all other Red Velvet members, focuses on eating healthy. But, whenever she eats something that’s more than her required diet, she works out to maintain the balance.
Joy Favorite Things
- Subject – Music
- Number – 31
- Singer – Ariana Grande
Source – Wikia
- She aspired to become a singer after she was appreciated for singing Cherry Filter‘s “Flying Duck” during her grade school.
- She has appeared as Yook Sung-jae’s on-screen wife on the show We Got Married.
- Joy has also been cast in lead roles in The Liar and His Lover and Tempted.
- She is the only member of Red Velvet who wasn’t a part of the pre-debut group SM Rookies.
- Before her debut, she trained with SM Entertainment for 2 years.
- She is the selfie-addict of the band Red Velvet.
- She likes eating ice-creams and collecting lip-balms.
- Imitating Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob is one of her many talents.
- Joy’s stress relieving tricks include going out on her own, meeting people, and talking with her sisters.
- Visit Red Velvet’s official website @ redvelvet.smtown.com.
- Joy isn’t individually present on any social media platform, but you can follow her band on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by MaroonP / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0