|Rahul Yadav Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Year of Birth||1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rahul Yadav is an Indian entrepreneur who is best known for being the co-founder and former CEO of Housing.com, a Mumbai-based real estate search portal that allows customers to search for properties based on geography, number of rooms, and multiple other filters. Founded in 2012 as Housing.co, the portal was later renamed Housing.com. By mid-2015, the company had established 3 offices in Powai, a suburb of Mumbai, and expanded its features to include map-based rental search, virtual tour of certain properties, as well as the verified purchase of apartments, buildings, and even plots of land in villages and rural areas. Rahul was ousted by the company’s board in June 2015 – an act that garnered considerable media attention, considering the fact that Housing.com was one of the hottest startups in India at that time. In September 2015, he announced a new venture called Intelligent Interfaces – a data analytics and visualization company that would cater to e-commerce companies and organizations looking to automate certain business processes.
Rahul Yadav was born in the year 1989.
Khairthal, Alwar, Rajasthan, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rahul, after his high school graduation in 2007, earned admission to the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), a public research university and technical institute in Powai, Mumbai. It was the 2nd of the country’s renowned IITs to be established (in 1958) and is recognized as an ‘Institute of National Importance’ as well as an ‘Institute of Eminence’ by the Government of India.
He was studying metallurgy there and had also served as the representative and secretary for the university’s student association. He dropped out in his final year – not long after IIT Bombay asked him to shut down Exambaba.com, an online question bank comprising old examination papers.
- Father – Bhoop Singh Yadav (Former Member of the Indian Merchant Navy)
- Siblings – Khushal Yadav (Younger Brother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rahul has dated –
- Karishma Khokhar (2015-Present) – Rahul announced his relationship with an investment banker named Karishma Khokhar in 2015. The couple got engaged in March 2016 and got married later.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Rahul Yadav Facts
- Although Rahul was studying metallurgy at IIT Bombay, he learned programming during his time there – while building Exambaba.com, an online question bank. This knowledge helped him subsequently design a series of Google applications.
- He co-founded Housing.com in 2012 but, despite having successfully attracted multiple major investors to fund the portal’s operations, was fired by the company’s board in June 2015. The board cited his poor behavior towards investors and the media as the reason for the ouster. Many experts felt that it was easy for the board to ‘get rid of him’ as Rahul had only retained a 5% share in the business.
- He distributed his personal equity in Housing.com, worth about INR 200 crore rupees at that time, to its 2,251 employees. The shares that he donated were roughly equivalent to a year’s salary. He later stated in an interview that he was too young at that time to be too serious about money.
Featured Image by Forbes India / Instagram