|Ramin Rezaeian Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1990|
Ramin Rezaeian is an Iranian professional soccer player who has represented, as a defender/winger, Saba Qom F.C. (2009-2013), Rah Ahan Tehran F.C. (2013-2015), Persepolis F.C. (2015-2017, 2022), and Sepahan S.C. (2022-Present) in Iran; K.V. Oostende (2017-2018) Belgium; and Al Shahaniya SC (2018-2020) and Al-Duhail SC (2020-2022) in Qatar. Between 2021 and 2022, he also spent a loan spell with the Qatari professional soccer club Al-Sailiya SC. With Persepolis F.C., he won the Persian Gulf Pro League (the highest division of professional soccer in Iran) title in the 2016-17 season. The title was the club’s 3rd such, making it the then joint-2nd most successful team in the competition. With Al-Sailiya SC, Ramin won the Qatari Stars Cup in the 2020-21 season. The trophy is open only to clubs playing in the Qatar Stars League (the top tier of the Qatari soccer league system) and is aimed at giving those teams more playing time during the regular season. With the club, he also won the inaugural edition of the Qatar FA Cup in 2021. The tournament involves the bottom 8 teams of the Qatar Stars League along with the entire Qatari 2nd division. At the international level, Ramin made his senior national debut for Iran in January 2015.
Ramin Rezaeian Semeskandi
Semes Kandeh-ye Olya, Miandorud-e Kuchak, Sari County, Mazandaran, Iran
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Eynollah Rezaeian (Doctor (Retired))
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
- 23, 15 – Iran
- 27 – Saba Qom F.C., Rah Ahan Tehran F.C., Persepolis F.C.
- 24 – K.V. Oostende
- 23, 10 – Al Shahaniya SC
- 88, 11 – Al-Duhail SC
- 88, 10 – Al-Sailiya SC
- 9 – Sepahan S.C.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Iranian descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
Ramin Rezaeian Facts
- Ramin started his youth career in 2002 when, as a 12-year-old, he joined a local club called Nozhan Sari F.C. In 2008, he joined the youth team of Etka Tehran F.C., a club based in Iran’s capital city of Tehran. He stayed there until 2009 when he started his senior career with the now-defunct Iranian professional club Saba Qom F.C.
- For his performances in the Persian Gulf Pro League, Ramin was included in the league’s ‘Team of the Season’ in both 2014-15 and 2015-16.
- At the 2018 edition of the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) World Cup, he was a part of Iran’s 1-0 win against Morocco in the teams’ opening group stage encounter. This was just Iran’s 2nd win in a FIFA World Cup match – their first win came in June 1998, a 2-1 result against the United States.
- Ramin played in Iran’s next 2 matches as well – a 0-1 defeat against 2010 champions Spain and a 1-1 draw against European heavyweights Portugal – as Iran finished in 3rd place in the group with 4 points.
- 4 years later, in Iran’s 2nd match of the group stage of the 2022 FIFA World Cup, he scored Iran’s 2nd goal in a 2-0 win over Wales. Ramin’s goal arrived 11 minutes into the stoppage time after the end of the 2nd half of the match. This was just Iran’s 3rd win in a FIFA World Cup match and their first such win against a European team.
- The goal against Wales (in November 2022) was just the 3rd goal of his senior-level international career for Iran. His previous senior-level international goal for Iran arrived 6 years ago, in November 2016 – Iran’s 8th goal in an 8-1 win over Papua New Guinea in a friendly match.
- In a rather strange coincidence, Ramin’s first such goal for Iran was also scored in the month of November (2015) – the 3rd goal in a 6-0 win over Guam in a match that was a part of the qualification process for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Featured Image by Ramin Rezaeian / Instagram