|Ravi Kishan Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|July 17, 1969
Ravi Kishan is an Indian actor, politician, and television personality who is best known for his appearance in the Bhojpuri and Hindi language film industry. Other than that, Ravi is also a Member of Parliament of the Lok Sabha from Gorakhpur.
Ravindra Shyamnarayan Shukla
Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Politician, TV Personality
- Father – Pt. Shayam Narayan Shukla
- Mother – Jadavati Devi
- Siblings – He has 4 older siblings.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ravi has dated –
- Priti Kishan – The couple has a daughter named Riva Kishan (b. July 4, 1996) who is an actress. Other than that, Ravi has 3 more children.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick eyebrows
Ravi Kishan Facts
- He was brought up in a small 10*12 room in Santacruz. Later, at the age of 10, his family moved to Jaunpur after a dispute between his father and his father’s brother caused their business in Mumbai to shutdown.
- At the age of 17, Ravi’s mother gave him INR 500 and he ran away to Mumbai as he did not want to join his father as a dairy product seller.
- His parents reside in Bisuin, in the Kerakat tehsil. According to sources, the village where his father resides had only 20 families there until 2020.
- Other than his Bhojpuri and Hindi film appearances, Ravi has also starred in various other films including Telugu, Kannada, and Tamil.
- Ravi has appeared in several reality shows including Bigg Boss 1 and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5.
- In the past, Ravi joined the Indian National Congress from the Jaunpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh. He even stood in the 2014 general elections. However, in 2017, Ravi decided to part ways with the Nation Congress Party and joined the Bhartiya Janata Party instead.
- On April 15, 2019, it was announced that Ravi was to take a stand in the elections for the Gorakhpur Loksabha constituency. He contested against Samajwadi party candidate Rambhual Nishad.
- In the year 2007, Ravi contributed his vocals to the dubbing of American actor Tobey Maguire‘s voice in the Bhojpuri language edition of Spider-Man 3. It was the first Hollywood blockbuster film that included a Bhojpuri dub. After that, Ravi announced that he was inspired to appear in a superhero film of his own in the near future.
- With time, Ravi has received several accolades along the way including the Most Popular Actor award at the ETV Bhojpuri Cinema Samman 2008.
- A few of Ravi’s most prominent roles have been in the films Pitambar, Zakhmi Dil, Tere Naam, Janam Janam Ke Saath, Money Hai Toh Honey Hai, Dangerous Ishq, and Drona.
- He made his debut web series appearance as Chandrabhan Singh in Zee5‘s Rangbaaz in 2018.
- Ravi’s father was a priest and also owned a small dairy business in the past, which he used to support his 5 children and wife.
- Growing up, Ravi did not show much interest in studying and instead wanted to work and support his family. He also stated that his passion was fueled by his aim to not become a thug.
- He was paid INR 5000 for his debut theatrical role in the film Pitambar.
- Ravi is a huge fan of Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt.
- He once stated that his father was the one who saved him from choosing the career path of a male prostitute.
- In 2023, Ravi Kishan revealed on Aap Ki Adalat that he lost a role in the Gangs of Wasseypur film series because of his demanding nature. He was demanding daily 25 liters of milk for bathing and a bed of roses to sleep which was not acceptable to filmmaker Anurag Kashyap.
Featured Image By Ravi Kishan / Instagram