|Ray William Johnson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1981|
Ray William Johnson is an American actor, stand-up comedian, film producer, film director, screenwriter, and rapper who was born in an ethnically-mixed family and wanted to pursue a career in law before he acquired fame through YouTube. He is popular for his self-titled YouTube channel, Ray, and also for the web series, Equals Three. Ray is extremely popular on social media where he has more than a million followers on Instagram, over 2 million followers on Twitter and over 10 million followers on his YouTube channel.
Raymond William Johnson
Ray, Rwj, Ray Johnson, RayWJ
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ray attended Norman North High School and graduated from there in 1999. Then, he went to the Columbia University and studied history. After graduation, his aim was to secure a law degree. Meanwhile, he had also started posting videos on YouTube.
Actor, Comedian, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Film Director, Rapper, Songwriter
- Mother – Cindy Kay Robbins
- Siblings – He has a brother.
- Others – Earl William Robbins (Maternal Grandfather), Dixie Raye Gazaway (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc. (Talent Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ray has dated –
- Anna Akana (2011-2014) – Ray started dating YouTuber and actress, Anna Akana, in 2011. The couple used to post many videos on YouTube and they were also one of the most-known couples on the internet. However, after dating for 2 years, they broke up and Anna announced the news through her Facebook account in 2014.
- Kelly Farrell (2016-Present) – Ray and personal coach Kelly K Farrell first met when he had started learning to sing. She came into his life as a singing tutor. The couple can be seen together in his vlogs and also in his Instagram posts.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German, and Scottish ancestry on his mother’s side.
It is often speculated that his father was of Indian descent, although Ray has never confirmed the claims.
- Always refers to his audience as “Forum”
- Often wears spectacles
Best Known For
- Posting comedy, lifestyle, and ‘a day in a life’ videos on his self-titled YouTube channel, Ray
- The web series, Equals Three, on his channel
- Posting videos on his web series named Riley Rewind and for a collaborative YouTube channel titled Your Favorite Martian
As a Singer
He appeared on the web series Epic Rap Battles of History between 2013 and 2014.
He made his theatrical film debut as a nurse in the movie The Fluffy Movie in 2014.
First Web Show
Ray made his first web show appearance as himself on the YouTube comedy series Equals Three in 2009.
Ray William Johnson stays fit by following an active lifestyle. He regularly hits the gym and can often be seen working out on his upper body in his Instagram pictures.
Ray William Johnson Facts
- He is a co-creator of the film production company called Mom & Pop Empire.
- In May 2014, Ray was connected to an indie film project called Who’s Driving Doug.
- Ray released his first scripted series named Riley Rewind in December 2013, which was initially released on Facebook before being available on YouTube.
- He generated a television concept which was bought by FX in 2013.
- Initially, Johnson made videos at his New York City apartment, but, in 2011, he made a deal with Maker Studios to produce videos on set in Culver City, California, United States.
- In October 2012, Ray publicly stated that he is going to leave Maker Studios due to the pressure that was put on him to sign a new contract that would limit his access to his AdSense account and would, supposedly, take 40% of his earnings from the series.
- Follow Ray William Johnson on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by Ray William Johnson / Instagram