|Rayvanny Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1993|
Rayvanny is a Tanzanian singer, songwriter, recording artist, and dancer who gained popularity with his debut song titled Kwetu which was released in 2016. Over the years, he has also released a number of other tracks such as Natafuta Kiki, Mbeleko, Sugu, Chuma Ulete, Zezeta, Gimi Dat, and Unaibiwa as well as has worked alongside artists like Diamond Platnumz, Jack Bin, Rich Mavoko, Harmonize, Jason Derulo, DJ TALPH, Korede Bello, and DJ Maphorisa.
Raymond Shaban Mwakyusa
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Singer, Songwriter, Recording Artist, Dancer
Bongo Flava, Afro-Pop
Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Drums
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rayvanny has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
He has often dyed his hair in colors like ‘pink’, etc.
- Pierced ears
- Sports a mustache
- He realized that he was passionate about music when he was in a secondary school in 2011.
- He emerged as the winner of a rap freestyle competition and became a part of a music group named Tip Top Connection. This helped Rayvanny refine his musical talent as well as get in contact with various people from the industry.
- In 2015, he signed a deal with WCB Wasafi Records founded by Diamond Platnumz.
- He was nominated for the 2016 MTV Africa Music Award in the “Breakthrough Act” category.
- Rayvanny was included in the “Acts To Look Out For” list curated by MTV Base in 2017.
- In 2017, he won the BET Award in the “International Viewers’ Choice” category and was also nominated for awards such as AEUSA for “Best New Talent” and Uganda Entertainment Award for “Best African Act”.
- He has also collaborated on a number of songs such as Salome by Diamond Platnumz, Pepeta by Nora Fatehi, Kijuso by Queen Darling, and Zilipendwa by WCB Wasafi Artists (alongside Rich Mavoko, Diamond Platnumz, Maromboso, Harmonize, Lava Lava, and Queen Darling).
- Rayvanny received a nomination for the African Muzik Magazine Award in the “Best Newcomer” category in the year 2017.
- He has also gained a huge social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram and more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube.
Featured Image by Rayvanny / Instagram