|Rebecca Romijn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1972|
Rebecca Romijn is an American actress and former model who is known for playing various roles in popular films and TV shows such as Mystique in the first trilogy of the X-Men film series, as Joan in The Punisher (2004), as Alexis Meade on the TV series Ugly Betty, and as Eve Baird in The Librarians. Rebecca has graced the covers of popular magazines including Elle, Marie Claire, Esquire, and Sports Illustrated and has also done advertisement work for big brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, Christian Dior, Victoria’s Secret, Bebe, and Pantene. She is popular on social media where she has more than 200k followers on Instagram and over 100k followers on Twitter.
Rebecca Alie Romijn
Jolly Blond Giant
Berkeley, California, United States
Rebecca attended Berkeley High School in Berkeley, California. Then, she studied Music (Voice) at the University of California, Santa Cruz, California, United States, which she left in 1995.
Actress, Model, Singer, Producer
- Father – Jaap Romijn (Furniture maker)
- Mother – Elizabeth Romijn (née Kuizenga) (Community college instructor and author)
- Others – Henry Bernard Kuizenga (Maternal Grandfather), Grace Elizabeth Abney (Maternal Grandmother), Charlie O’Connell (Brother-In-Law) (Actor)
She is represented by 3 Arts Entertainment (Talent Management Company), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Dance, Electronic, Rock
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rebecca has dated –
- John Stamos (1994-2005) – Rebecca first met actor John Stamos in 1994 at Victoria’s Secret fashion show where she walked the runway. Soon after, they had their first date at Disneyland. The couple got engaged on Christmas Eve in 1997 and they got married on September 19, 1998, at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Rebecca used the name Rebecca Romijn-Stamos while they were together in both her personal and professional life. The duo separated in April 2004. John filed for divorce in August 2004 and they officially got divorced on March 1, 2005.
- John Cusack (2004) – Rebecca and actor John Cusack were rumored to be dating in 2004.
- Jerry O’Connell (2004-Present) – Rebecca started dating actor Jerry O’Connell in 2004. The couple got engaged in September 2005 and got married at their home in Calabasas, California on July 14, 2007. Rebecca and O’Connell have twin daughters named Dolly Rebecca-Rose O’Connell and Charlie Tamara-Tulip O’Connell (b. December 28, 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Dutch descent on her father’s side while she has British and Dutch ancestry on her mother’s side.
Light Brown (Natural)
She prefers to dye her hair in shades of ‘blonde’.
- Sparkling blue eyes
- Towering height
She has appeared in the following TV commercials and print adverts –
- Tommy Hilfiger swimwear (1998)
- Tommy Hilfiger fashion line of clothing (1997-99)
- Miller Lite Beer (1997, 1999)
- Maybelline (1992)
- Christian Dior (1994)
- Liz Claiborne’s fall casual collection (2000)
- ACT Mouthwash commercial
- Christian Dior
- La Perla
- Liz Claiborne
- J. Crew
- Victoria’s Secret
- La Senza
- Got Milk?
Best Known For
- Playing various roles in popular films and TV shows such as Mystique in the first trilogy of the X-Men film series, as Joan in The Punisher (2004), as Alexis Meade on the TV series Ugly Betty, and as Eve Baird in The Librarians
- Appearing in advertising campaigns for famous brands such as Escada, Christian Dior, La Perla, Tommy Hilfiger, Furla, Liz Claiborne, J. Crew, Victoria’s Secret, Bebe, La Senza, Dillard’s Pantene, Got Milk?, Miller Lite, and Maybelline
As a Singer
She has contributed her voice to various rock and dance songs such as ‘Color Me Love’ (2015) and ‘Darling Nikki’ (2012).
She made her theatrical film debut as a bearded lady in the comedy film, Dirty Work, in 1998.
First TV Show
Rebecca made her first TV show appearance as Cheryl on the romantic comedy series, Friends, in 1997.
Rebecca is a fitness enthusiast. After giving birth to her twin daughters, she lost around 60 pounds which she had gained through her pregnancy. The actress has admitted that losing that amount of weight wasn’t easy for her. In fact, it was one of the hardest things in her life. To lose that enormous amount of weight, she had to completely change her workout routine and diet plan.
She had been doing pilates for around 14 years before pregnancy. However, it didn’t work out for her anymore. So, one of her friends suggested her to try Bikram Yoga which included doing a 90-minute workout in a 105-degree room.
Initially, she did it 5 times a week but felt fatigued and tired. Then, she started doing it 3 times a week. After doing it for a couple of days, her body started transforming very quickly and she noticed lesser belly fat. She also experienced that her legs were stronger than ever and her arms got toned in very less time. She got better posture and also felt more energized. Rebecca also enjoys taking long bike rides with Jerry O’Connell every now and then. They have a tandem bike and often ride up to the hills near to their home.
When it comes to diet, she focuses on eating clean and nutritious food. She eliminated starch, dairy, fat, red meat, alcohol, and sugar from her diet at the beginning of her fat-loss process. Then, she began consuming healthier foods like lean fish, lots of sashimi, spinach, salad with lemon juice and salt and pepper, and chicken breast. Gradually, she started having red meat again.
Rebecca Romijn Favorite Things
- Food – Fillet mignon, Tuna sashimi, Häagen-Dazs Cappuccino Commotion ice cream
- Nail Polish – Essie
- Nail Polish Color – Bright coral
- Bag – Hung on u
- Lip Gloss – Smashbox O-Gloss
- Footwear – Frye sandals
Rebecca Romijn Facts
- After getting involved with modeling, she eventually relocated to Paris and lived there for more than 3 years.
- Rebecca began her modeling career in 1991.
- She has graced the covers of various magazines like Elle, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Allure, Glamour, GQ, Esquire, and Sports Illustrated.
- Romijn has also walked the ramp for famous brands such as Giorgio Armani, Sonia Rykiel, and Anna Molinari.
- The first name of her daughter, Dolly, is taken from the first name of singer Dolly Parton and her another daughter, Charlie, got her name from the first name of O’Connell’s brother, Charlie O’Connell.
- She was ranked as one of People magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in 1997 and 1999.
- While growing up, her parents didn’t have a lot of money. So, she used to buy stuff at a thrift store known as Value Village. She can still be seen buying stuff at thrift stores.
- At the age of 16, Rebecca got her first job in her hometown of Berkeley, California at a gourmet poultry store.
- She is left-handed.
- Rebecca is very fond of animals and has a pet cat named Bruce and 2 pet dogs named Phil and Holiday.
- She is a huge fan of singer-songwriter, Dolly Parton.
- Rebecca was voted #99 in FHM magazine’s ‘100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005’ list.
- Follow Rebecca Romijn on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by The Heart Truth / Flickr / Public Domain