|Rena Sofer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1968|
Rena Sofer is a talented American actress who is known for her roles in TV series and TV movies like The Bold and the Beautiful, Covert Affairs, NCIS, Two and a Half Men, 24, Heroes, The Chronicle, and Another Man’s Wife. She won a Daytime Emmy Award for the role of Lois Cerullo in the soap opera General Hospital in 1995.
Rena Sherel Sofer
Arcadia, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Rena Sofer studied at The Frisch School in Paramus, New Jersey. Later, she attended North Bergen High School in New Jersey. After that, she joined Montclair State College.
- Father – Martin Sofer (Conservative Jewish Rabbi)
- Mother – Susan Sofer (Psychology Professor)
- Siblings – David Sofer (Brother)
- Others – Shammai Yoel “Joseph” Sofer (Paternal Grandfather), Meir/Meyer Sofer (Paternal Great Grandfather), Tzirel (Paternal Great Grandmother), Rivka/Rebecca Saliternik (Paternal Grandmother), Nachman Saliternik (Paternal Great Grandfather), Frieda (Paternal Great Grandmother)
Rena Sofer is managed by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rena Sofer has dated –
- Wally Kurth (1995–1997) – The couple married on March 31, 1995. They have a daughter together named Rosabel Rosalind Kurth (b. September 1996). They divorced in 1997.
- Sanford Bookstaver (2003-Present) – On May 18, 2003, Rena married director/producer Sanford Bookstaver. They have a daughter together named Avalon Leone Bookstaver (b. August 5, 2005). They divorced in 2016 but got back together in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian Jewish descent.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘black’.
- Straight nose
- Beautiful eyes
Rena Sofer has done endorsement work for brands like Head & Shoulders shampoo.
Rena Sofer Favorite Things
- Designers – Armani, Gucci, Richard Tyler, and Stella McCartney
Source – New York Post
Rena Sofer Facts
- She grew up in Pittsburgh after her parents’ divorce.
- Her father was the rabbi of Temple Beth El in North Bergen, New Jersey.
- Her earlier marriage to Sanford Bookstaver was featured in the February 2004 issue of the InStyle magazine.
- Actor Gene Gabriel was her classmate in high school.
- She shares the same birth date as Lucy Liu.
- Her personal style is a naturalistic look that is very classic and stylish.
- She usually shops at Maxx studio or the BCBG.
- For a big night out, she usually wears pants and some pretty top.
- As of November 2019, she goes for yoga classes at Angel City Yoga.
- She relaxes by watching lots of movies, reading, going hiking, and taking long drives with Sanford Bookstaver.
- Her special beauty tip is to use a hair conditioner rather than shaving cream to shave legs as it makes legs softer and doesn’t give the razor burn effect.
- She admires the style of Michelle Pfeiffer the most.
- A thing that she would love to own but would never buy for herself is an Elizabeth Taylor diamond necklace.
- Her most prized possession is her engagement ring.
- She loves listening to crime stories on Crime Junkie podcast by Ashley and Britt.
Featured Image by Rena Sofer / Instagram