|Ricardo Hoyos Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1995|
Ricardo Hoyos is a Canadian actor who started his acting career at the age of 11 with a stint on the TV show, The Jon Dore Television Show. He found mainstream fame with his main role in the teen drama series, Degrassi: The Next Generation. Such was his popularity with the loyal fans of Degrassi universe that he was again cast in the lead role in Degrassi: Next Class. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Ricardo Hoyos, Jr.
Alliston, Ontario, Canada
Information about Ricardo Hoyos’s formal education isn’t available.
- Father – Ricardo Hoyos, Sr.
- Mother – Eileen Hoyos
- Siblings – Lucius Hoyos (Younger Brother) (Actor). He also has an older sister.
Ricardo Hoyos is represented by –
- Toronto-based Noble Caplan Abrams (Talent Agency)
- Los Angeles-based Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC (Talent Management Company)
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ricardo Hoyos has dated –
- Olivia Scriven – Ricardo has often been linked with actress Olivia Scriven. It has been reported that they grew close while working in Degrassi. Their characters also had a romantic angle for some of the episodes. She has also gone on record to say that he was her best friend on the sets of the show.
- Ana Golja (2017) – In 2017, Hoyos was linked with actress and singer, Ana Golja. It was rumored that they had grown close during the shooting of the TV show, Degrassi: Next Class. Their comfortable equation on the promotional events for the show further gave wind to the dating rumors.
- Annie Clark – Ricardo Hoyes is in a relationship with actress Annie Clark. They had first met while working in the TV series, Degrassi: The Next Generation. They started officially dating soon after. She had even gone on record to say that she wished Fiona (Clark’s character) and Zig (Hoyos’s character) were friends because then, she would get a chance to film with him. They often flaunt their love and relationship on the social media.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and White)
On his father’s side, he has Ecuadorian and Peruvian ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he has Scottish, Irish, and French-Canadian ancestry.
Blue with a hint of green
Boyish good looks
Ricardo Hoyos hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Zig Novak on the Netflix teen drama series, Degrassi: Next Class
- Being cast in the recurring role of Ricardo Sanchez on the Canadian TV series, Dino Dan
In 2008, he made his theatrical film debut in the Canadian anthology movie, Toronto Stories.
First TV Show
In 2007, Ricardo Hoyos made his first TV show appearance on Fertility episode of the comedy TV series, The Jon Dore Television Show.
Ricardo Hoyos regularly works out to keep himself in perfect shape. He also doesn’t mind hitting the gym early in the morning.
Ricardo Hoyos Favorite Things
- Celebrity Crush – Cara Delevingne
- Music Band – Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Beatles
- Color – Green
- TV Show – Seinfeld and Entourage
- Music Artists – Drake and Michael Jackson
Ricardo Hoyos Facts
- He got his first big breakthrough in 2010 with his recurring role of Ricardo Sanchez on the Canadian TV series, Dino Dan.
- He holds dual citizenship of Canada and the US.
- In his free time, he loves to play guitar and piano.
- In July 2017, it was revealed that he was cast in the Transformers spinoff movie, Bumblebee. The movie also has actress Hailee Steinfeld in an important role.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Ricardo Hoyos / Instagram