|Richard Harmon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 18, 1991|
Richard Harmon is a Canadian actor and producer who has been cast in a variety of shows and movies in roles like John Murphy in The CW post-apocalyptic science fiction drama series The 100, Julian Randol in the sci-fi series Continuum, Bobby/Caleb in the original anthology horror-fantasy series The Haunting Hour: The Series, Ray in the Cartoon Network live-action superhero series Tower Prep, Alex Taylor in the family sports drama film If I Had Wings, Tony in the romantic fantasy film The Age of Adaline, Tim Ratchet in the made for television disaster film Christmas Icetastrophe, Andrew in the drama series Da Vinci’s City Hall, Ian in The CW supernatural fantasy teen drama series The Secret Circle, Jasper Ames in the crime drama series The Killing, and Kirk Lane in the supernatural mystery thriller film I Still See You.
Richard Scott Harmon
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Father – Allan Harmon (Director)
- Mother – Cynde Harmon (Producer)
- Siblings – Jessica Harmon (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Dr. John Bertrand Scott (Maternal Grandfather), Carmen Jeannette Verrecchia (Maternal Grandmother)
Richard Harmon has been represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management, Talent Management Company, Brooklyn, New York, United States.
His net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Richard Harmon has dated –
- Ciara Hanna (2015) – Richard Harmon was in a relationship with actress Ciara Hanna. Going by his social media feed, they seemed to have started going out somewhere in 2015. They remained very open about their relationship on social media and walked the red carpet at a series of show business events then.
- Rhiannon Fish – Australian actress, Rhiannon Fish had first met Richard on the set of The 100 in 2016. After that, they were first spotted together as a couple on Instagram in April 2019. The fans were already speculating that they are dating. Fish and Harmon confirmed the dating news finally in June 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Richard Harmon is of English, French-Canadian, Italian, and Mi’kmaq First Nations descent.
He was falsely rumored to be ‘gay’ before his relationship with Ciara Hanna surfaced. These rumors were rooted in his on-screen passionate kiss with co-star Bob Morley in The 100 TV series.
- Blue Eyes
- Prominent Chin
Best Known For
- Being cast as John Murphy in the sci-fi drama TV series, The 100
- Having played the role of Jasper Ames in the crime drama TV series, The Killing
- Having portrayed Julian Randol in the Canadian science-fiction TV series, Continuum
In 2007, Richard made his theatrical film debut in a minor role in the anthology horror movie, Trick ‘r Treat.
First TV Show
In 2003, he made his first TV show appearance in The Mysterious Mister Smith episode of the action drama series, Jeremiah.
To keep himself fit, Richard relies on yoga. It has also helped him unwind from the stress of the work.
Richard Harmon Favorite Things
- Sports – American Football
- TV Shows – SpongeBob SquarePants
- Football Team – Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Music Artists and Bands – Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones
- The 100 Scene – The opening scene of season three
- The 100 Storyline – City of Light storyline from Season Two
- Dream Directors – The Coen Brothers
- Dream Actors – Willem Dafoe and Paul Dano
- Dinosaur – Velociraptor
Richard Harmon Facts
- He had originally auditioned for the role of Bellamy in the TV series, The 100. However, the show creators felt he was best suited for the role of Murphy.
- He considered Bob Dylan as his idol while growing up. His father gave him Bob Dylan’s Blonde on Blonde album on cassette tape when he was about 7 or 8 years old.
- To prepare for every role he plays, he creates a music playlist. Every time he gets a new role, he sets time aside to listen to a bunch of songs and select the ones best suited for the specific role.
- His sister Jessica has also appeared in his TV series, The 100.
- He followed his sister Jessica into acting. He got an agent by the age of 10 and started auditioning soon after.
- For his performance in The Haunting Hour: The Series, he won the Leo Award for “Best Performance in a Youth or Children’s Program or Series” in 2011.
- In 2013, he appeared as Alex Taylor in If I Had Wings and this role got him nominated for the Canadian Screen Award for “Best Performance in a Children’s or Youth Program or Series” as well as for Leo Award for “Best Lead Performance by a Male in a Feature Length Drama”.
- In his free time, he likes to go to the movies and find new restaurants in the city.
- He is a huge supporter of LGBT rights and has done a bit of activism work for the cause as well.
- In September 2017, he participated in the Legends & Stars charity soccer match between Whitecaps Alumni and Team Hollywood North. The proceeds from the event were donated to B.C. Children’s Hospital.
- He got his big breakthrough after he was cast in a minor role in the popular fantasy movie, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.
- In 2019, he played the recurring role of Max Borman, a sadistic prison warden and a smuggler, in the fantasy horror drama television series titled Van Helsing.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0