|Rob Cohen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 12, 1949|
Rob Cohen is an American director, producer, screenwriter of film and television, actor, and voiceover artist who has gained acclaim with his work in projects like The Wiz, The Witches of Eastwick, Light of Day, xXx, The Fast and the Furious, Dragonheart, and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.
Cornwall, Orange County, New York, United States
Rob Cohen studied at Newburgh Free Academy in Newburgh, New York, from where he graduated in 1967. During his time there, he was president of the Punchinello drama club, a member of the JV golf team, an editor of the Colonade literary magazine, and a member of the National Honor Society.
After that, he attended Amherst College for 2 years before transferring to Harvard University, from where he graduated magna cum laude in the class of 1971.
Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Actor, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Irwin Cohen
- Mother – Beatrice Franz Cohen
- Sibling – Jackie Burch (Sister)
Rob Cohen has been signed with Zero Gravity Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rob Cohen has dated –
- Diane Mitzner (1986-1987) – The duo has a daughter named Valkyrie Weather.
- Barbara Cohen (2006-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
- Deep-socketed eyes
- Usually makes cameo appearances in his films
Rob Cohen Facts
- As soon as he graduated from Harvard University, he moved to Los Angeles in order to work as a screenwriter for Martin Jurow, a Hollywood agent, executive assistant, and film producer. However, he soon became unemployed as the producer moved out of state.
- It was while working at International Famous Agency (now part of ICM) that Rob Cohen stumbled upon a script he found in a slush pile of neglected screenplays. Assessing the quality, commerciality, and uniqueness of the script in his own capacity, he wrote in his coverage that it was “the great American screenplay and this will make an award-winning, major-cast, major-director film.”
- The script was then bought by Universal for a record price and it became the Academy Award-winning movie The Sting (1973). This made Cohen “the kid who found The Sting.”
- Rob Cohen’s transgender daughter, Valkyrie Weather, accused Cohen on February 21, 2019, of s*xually assaulting her as a child while also s*xually assaulting another woman. She also claimed that when she was 13 years old, Cohen had taken her to visit s*x workers in Thailand and the Czech Republic, supposedly in an attempt to “turn [her] straight”.
- His former wife and Weather’s mother also confirmed that she had witnessed at least one incident of s*xual assault against Weather as a child.
- On January 24, 2021, Cohen faced another accusation when Italian actress Asia Argento alleged that Cohen drugged her with Gamma-hydroxybutyrate and r*ped her during the filming of xXx. Later, a representative of Cohen denied Argento’s assault accusation as “absolutely false”.
Featured Image by U.S. Navy photo by Photographer’s Mate 3rd Class Tyler J. Clements / U.S. Federal Government / Public Domain