|Robert Plant Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1948|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Robert Plant is a British singer, songwriter, and musician who enjoyed phenomenal success from the late 1960s to the end of the 1970s after becoming the lead singer and lyricist of the rock band Led Zeppelin, delivering numerous hits like Stairway to Heaven in 1971. Even after the musical group broke up, he continued working as a solo artist releasing the critically acclaimed duet album with Alison Krauss titled Raising Sand in 2007 earning the Grammy Awards along with Krauss for the “Pop Collaboration With Vocals” in 2009.
Robert Anthony Plant
The Golden God, Percy, Tall Cool One
West Bromwich, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom
Austin, Texas, United States
He enrolled in King Edward VI Grammar School for Boys in Stourbridge in his mid-teens to train as a chartered accountant. However, he discontinued after only a couple of weeks of attending college after developing a strong passion for the English Midlands blues scene. He left home at the age of 16 and began his musical education by moving from group to group and learning about the blues and other forms of music that he considered was worth listening to.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Robert C. Plant (Civil Engineer who had worked in the Royal Air Force during the Second World War)
- Mother – Annie Celia Plant née Cain (Romanichal Traveller)
He is represented by –
- MBC PR
- Big Hassle Media
Rock, Blues, Folk, Country, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
- Swan Song
- Es Paranza
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Maureen Wilson (1966-1983) – He met Maureen in 1966 at a Georgie Fame concert. They married on November 9, 1968. They got divorced in August 1983. The couple had a daughter named Carmen Jane (b. November 21, 1968), and 2 sons named Karac Pendragon (1972–1977), and Logan Romero (b. January 21, 1979).
- Pamela Des Barres (1972)
- Linda Ronstadt (1976)
- Shirley Wilson – He had a relationship with Maureen’s sister Shirley. They had a son named Jesse Lee (b. 1991).
- Alannah Myles – He dated the Canadian singer Alannah Myles.
- Patty Griffin – He also had a relationship with the American singer-songwriter Patty Griffin.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English and Irish descent.
- Long hair
- Thin lips
In the J.C. Penney “American Living” commercials, Plant and Alison Krauss’s song titled Killing the Blues was used.
Robert Plant Favorite Things
- Supporter Of – Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Task That Has Helped Him To Get In The Mood Before His Performance – Ironing
- Biggest Influences – Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison
Robert Plant Facts
- He developed a keen interest in singing and rock and roll music at an early age. Robert has revealed that when he was 10 years old, he craved to be like Elvis Presley. He would hide behind the curtains at his home during Christmas finding a certain ambience and sound between the drapes and the French windows.
- Plant’s blonde mane and robust bare-chested look helped to create the “rock god” archetype.
- He was the only member of Led Zeppelin to have a name that did not begin with the letter “J”.