|Robin Lord Taylor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1978|
Robin Lord Taylor is an American actor who first fell in love with acting while he was studying in school. He found it a perfect way to get away from bullying, which a gay kid regularly endures in small rural towns. It also helped him build his shattered confidence and allowed him to step into the limelight without having to worry about anything. After years of hard work and dogged perseverance, he finally made it in the Hollywood with his role of iconic Batman villain, The Penguin, in the TV series, Gotham.
Robin Lord Taylor
Shueyville, Iowa, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Robin Lord Taylor went to the Solon High School. After graduating from there, he got enrolled at the Northwestern University School of Speech and graduated in 2000 with a Bachelor of Science degree in theatre.
- Father – Robert Harmon Taylor
- Mother – Mary Susan Taylor
- Siblings – Susan Taylor Chehak (Older Sister)
- Others – Harmon Robert Taylor (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Whitmen Bates (Paternal Grandmother)
Robin Lord Taylor is represented by Abrams Artists Agency.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Robin has dated –
- Robin Lord Taylor got married to his husband in a very private ceremony in Iowa in 2011. He first opened about his marriage in his interview with Glamour magazine in November 2014. He revealed in the interview that he had been married for more than 3 years and he had been in a relationship with his life partner for about 10 and a half years. It has also been revealed that he met his husband at an audition for a Frito-Lay Stax commercial.
- Richard DiBella – Robin started dating movie production designer, Richard DiBella more than a decade ago. The couple eventually took the decision to get married in 2011 after the legalization of gay marriage. They are going strong together.
- Billy Eichner (2018) – Robin was rumored to be dating comedian, actor, and television personality Billy Eichner in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, Scottish, English, and Welsh ancestry.
He prefers to dye his hair ‘Black’.
Robin Lord Taylor has appeared in a Fox TV commercial to promote Home Energy Audit, which aimed to raise awareness regarding making the American homes more energy efficient.
He was raised in a Presbyterian household.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Oswald Cobblepot (The Penguin) in the crime drama TV series, Gotham, which focuses on antagonists from the Batman franchise
- Having played an important role in the indie sci-fi movie, Another Earth (2011)
- Having made appearances in popular TV shows such as Law & Order, The Good Wife, and The Walking Dead
In 2006, he made his theatrical film debut as Abernathy Darwin Dunlap in Accepted.
First TV Show
In 2005, Robin Lord Taylor made his first TV show appearance in the Sects episode of the legal drama TV series, Law & Order.
Robin Lord Taylor Favorite Things
- Inspirations – Harry Dean Stanton, JK Simmons, and Richard Kind
- Role Model – Danny DeVito
Robin Lord Taylor Facts
- While growing up, he was regularly bullied for being gay. Eventually, he found solace and peace in theatre. The theatre also helped him build confidence and self-expression ability.
- He decided that he wanted to become an actor after having read anguished and deep monologues of Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf, the play written by the master playwright Edward Albee.
- However, he developed full confidence in his acting abilities with his brilliant portrayal of Peter in the high school production of The Diary of Anne Frank.
- While studying at the Northwestern University, he took several classes of mime training.
- In April 2015, he publicly identified himself as a gay in an episode of The Nerdist Podcast with Chris Hardwick.
- His father passed away on the same day they filmed the death of his Penguin character’s father. He wasn’t able to attend his father’s funeral because of his busy work schedule.
- He managed to get an agent just after he got out of school.
- Robin is an active Democratic Party supporter and has openly campaigned against Republican policies such as gun control.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0