|Rohini Nilekani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Year of Birth||1960|
Rohini Nilekani is an Indian writer, author, and philanthropist who is the co-founder and director of EkStep and the director of the Arghyam Foundation. She is also the chairperson of the Akshara Foundation and Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies and is recognized for being the wife of businessman Nandan Nilekani.
Rohini was born in 1960.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rohini completed her studies with a degree in French literature from Elphinstone College.
Writer, Philanthropist, Former Chairperson of the Arghyam Foundation
In 2017, Rohini Nilekani’s net worth was ‘$1,700,000,000’ according to her foundation ‘Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies‘.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rohini has been married to –
- Nandan Nilekani (1977-Present) – Rohini tied the knot with businessman Nandan Nilekani whom she met at a quizzing event at IIT in 1977. Together, the couple has two children, Nihar and Janhavi, each of whom has received an undergraduate degree from Yale University.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin lips
- Bulbous nose
Rohini Nilekani Facts
- She was brought up in Mumbai by a father who worked as an engineer and a mother who was a homemaker.
- Shortly after completing her studies, Rohini began working at the now-defunct Bombay Magazine in 1980. Later, she worked in Bangalore for the Sunday Magazine.
- Rohini is associated with various organizations including Infosys, Arghyam Foundation, Akshara Foundation, Pratham Books, EkStep, and Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies.
- Rohini is on the board of trustees of Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE).
- In May 2012, she began serving on the Eminent Persons Advisory Group of the Competition Commission of India.
- Rohini retired as the chairperson of the Arghyam Foundation in September 2021.
- She published her first novel Stillborn in 1998, with Penguin Books which was a medical thriller novel and was an instant hit with the readers. From there, she went on to publish various other books including Uncommon Ground (2011), The Hungry Little Sky Monster (2020), and Samaaj, Sarkaar, Bazaar: a citizen-first approach (2022).
- Her daughter Janhavi Nilekani is the founder of the Aastrika Foundation.
Featured Image By Rameshng / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0