|Rolene Strauss Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1992|
Rolene Strauss is a South African beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss South Africa 2014 and Miss World 2014.
Rolene, little Dr. Strauss, test-tube baby
Volksrust, Mpumalanga, South Africa
She went to the University of the Free State in Bloemfontein to study in the field of medical science.
Model, beauty queen
- Father – Hennie Strauss (Doctor)
- Mother – Theresa (Nurse)
- Siblings – She has a brother, who is one year younger than her.
She has been signed to Boss Models.
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rolene Strauss has dated –
- D’Niel Strauss (2013-Present) – She started going out with D’Niel Strauss in the year 2013 and they got engaged in December 2014. On February 6, 2016, the duo got married at the Laurent Wedding venue in Somerset West. In January 2017, they were blessed with their first child – a son. Their 2nd son was born in February 2020.
Note – Before winning Miss South Africa 2014 title, she had many boyfriends and had dumped three of them.
Race / Ethnicity
Blue / Green
34.5-25-36 in or 88-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7.5 (UK) or 10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
She appeared in the Exclusive Cell C commercial challenge.
She is religious.
Jeremiah 29:11 gives her goosebumps.
Best Known For
Winning the Miss World 2014 title on December 14, 2014
She exercises and takes care of her diet.
She chooses healthy food choices rather than unhealthy ones. If she is out of her home, she still opts for restaurants, which provide healthy foods. She never does overeating.
Rolene Strauss Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Grey’s Anatomy, Bones
- Food – Mom’s oxtail and stampmielies
Source – MissSA.co.za
Rolene Strauss Facts
- Rolene is Miss World 2014. She was crowned with the title in December 2014 during the contest held in Excel Arena, London, UK.
- From her Twitter profile “…I see my passion for health, women, and education as the cornerstone of my purpose.”
- Rolene is the second South African woman to win the Miss World pageant. However, she is the third South African woman to hold this title.
- Rolene Strauss is not related to Jo-Ann Strauss (Miss South Africa 2000).
- Since 2000, she wanted to win the Miss South Africa title. Rolene, in 2000 (she was 8 years old at that time), saw Jo-Ann Strauss winning the title and dreamed of becoming like her one day. She achieved her dream in March 2014.
- Her family consists of medical experts. She herself studied medicine. Her mom is a nurse and her dad is a doctor.
- She likes to read inspirational books and has read “The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.”
- She was still studying in her 4th year (medical degree) at the University of the Free State when she won the Miss World 2014 title. So, she had to put her studies on hold to prepare for the contest.
- Professor Jonathan Jansen, the rector of the University of the Free State is her role model. She has learned so much from him.
- She is the University of the Free State’s first successful test-tube baby. Actually, her parents were having problems conceiving for five years. She has said, “I’m a test tube baby and I believe my passion for health was born with me”.
- Her mom and dad went to the “University of the Free State” in Bloemfontein. Later, she also went to the same university to study medicine.
- At the age of 15, she won the national selection of Elite Model Look International by beating 11 other contestants. Nationally, she is the youngest winner.
- As she won Miss World 2014, she was not given the chance to compete at Miss Universe 2014. Instead, the first runner-up of Miss South Africa 2014, Ziphozakhe Zokufa was given the chance to represent South Africa at Miss Universe 2014 pageant.
- She is fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- She likes to play golf.
- She won the Miss South Africa title in 2014. But, this was not her first attempt to try to win this title. She also tried her luck back in 2011. But, at that time, she got to come in the top 5 positions.
strauss is so lvly n sxy
i lv her
Hi Rolene Strauss. U r my beauty queen and my role model and some day I would like to follow in your inspiring and successful shoes but at times I just feel like I am far please motivate me and I would really do with my role models advice proberbly it could change my entire life some day and i have been trying my whole life to become a professional model and have been contacting multiple of modeling agencies but non of them get back to me with good news and I dont know if i’l ever pursue my goal and I just don’t know what I am doing wrong, if it’s me with a problem or is it the photos I am sending to agencies because I am super model material and now I am 22 years old please assist me.