Rolene, little Dr. Strauss, test tube baby
Volksrust, Mpumalanga, South Africa
She went to the University of the Free State in Bloemfontein to study in the field of medical science.
Model, beauty queen
- Father – Hennie Strauss (Doctor)
- Mother – Theresa (Nurse)
- Siblings – She has a brother, who is one year younger than her.
She is signed to Boss Models.
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Before winning Miss South Africa 2014 title, she had many boyfriends and had dumped three of them.
Right now, she doesn’t have any public relationship. Also, due to her busy schedule, she won’t be able to have any relationship. Apart from all this, she wants to put an image of a strong, independent woman in front of all the people.
Race / Ethnicity
Blue / Green
34.5-25-36 in or 88-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
She appeared in the Exclusive Cell C commercial challenge.
She is religious.
Jeremiah 29:11 gives her goosebumps.
Best Known For
Winning the Miss World 2014 title on December 14, 2014.
She exercises and takes care of her diet. But, her exact workout routine and diet plan is not known.
She chooses healthy food choices rather than unhealthy ones. If she is out of her home, she still opts for restaurants, which provide healthy foods. She never does overeating.
Rolene Strauss Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Grey’s Anatomy, Bones
- Food – Mom’s oxtail and stampmielies
Source – MissSA.co.za
Rolene Strauss Facts
- Rolene is Miss World 2014. She was crowned with the title in December 2014 during the contest held in Excel Arena, London, UK.
- From her Twitter profile “…I see my passion for health, women and education as the cornerstone of my purpose.”
- Rolene is the second South African woman to win the Miss World pageant. However, she is the third South African woman to hold this title.
- Rolene Strauss is not related to Jo-Ann Strauss (Miss South Africa 2000).
- Since 2000, she wanted to win the Miss South Africa title. Rolene, in 2000 (she was 8 years old at that time), saw Jo-Ann Strauss winning the title and dreamed of becoming like her one day. She achieved her dream in March 2014.
- Her family consists of medical experts. She herself studied medical. Her mom is a nurse and dad is a doctor.
- She likes to read inspirational books and had read “The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.”
- She was still studying in her 4th year (medical degree) at the University of the Free State when she won the Miss World 2014 title. So, she had to put her studies on hold to prepare for the contest.
- Professor Jonathan Jansen, the rector of the University of the Free State is her role model. She has learned so much from him.
- She is the University of the Free State’s first successful test-tube baby. Actually, her parents were having problems in conceiving for five years.
- Her mom and dad both went to “University of the Free State” in Bloemfontein. Later, she also went to the same university to study in the field of medical.
- At the age of 15, she won the national selection of Elite Model Look International by beating 11 other contestants. Nationally, she is the youngest winner.
- As she won the Miss World 2014, she was not given the chance to compete at Miss Universe 2014. Instead, the first runner-up of Miss South Africa 2014, Ziphozakhe Zokufa was given the chance to represent South Africa at Miss Universe 2014 pageant.
- She is fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- She likes to play golf.
- She won the Miss South Africa title in 2014. But, this was not her first attempt to try to win this title. She also tried her luck back in 2011. But, at that time, she got to come in top 5 positions.