|Romain Grosjean Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1986|
Romain Grosjean is a French-Swiss professional racing driver who had competed in the premier Formula One World Championship throughout the 2010s. Before earning his seat in F1, he had won several intermediate and feeder championships such as the Formula Lista Junior 1.6 (2003), the French Formula Renault Championship (2005), the Formula 3 Euro Series (2007), the GP2 Asia Series (2008), the Auto GP Series (2010), the GP2 Series (2011), and the GP2 Asia Series (2011).
Geneva, Romandy, Switzerland
Geneva, Romandy, Switzerland
He holds dual nationality.
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Christian Grosjean
- Mother – Marie-Hélène Brandt (Painter)
- Siblings – Gaëlle Grosjean (Sister)
- Others – Edgar Brandt (Maternal Great Grandfather) (Artist, Ironworker, Weapon Designer, Founder of the French Home Equipment Manufacturing Company Brandt) (d. May 8, 1960), Fernand Grosjean (Paternal Grandfather) (Alpine Skier, Silver Medalist in Giant Slalom at the 1950 World Ski Championship) (d. August 19, 2015)
Formula One Teams
Romain has raced for –
- Renault F1 Team (2009)
- Lotus Renault GP (2011) (Test Driver)
- Lotus F1 Team (2012-2015)
- Haas F1 Team (2016-2020)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Romain has dated –
- Marion Jollès (2008-Present) – Romain had started dating French sports journalist and TV presenter Marion Jollès in 2008 and the couple got married on June 27, 2012, in a ceremony in Chamonix, France. They have 3 children together – 2 sons named Sacha Grosjean (b. July 29, 2013) and Simon Grosjean (b. May 16, 2015), and a daughter named Camille Grosjean (b. December 31, 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Swiss descent on his father’s side and French descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Often sports a rugged beard
- Affable smile
Romain has endorsed brands such as –
- Christian Roth (Via DITA Eyewear)
- Richard Mille
- Bell Helmets
- Seier Capital
He has been sponsored by –
- Praga Cars
Romain Grosjean Facts
- Romain, in his very first attempt, had completely dominated the French Formula Renault Championship (2005) to such an extent that he was immediately invited to join the renowned ‘Renault Young Driver’ program. He had clinched the championship by winning 10 out of the 16 races.
- He was the inaugural GP2 Asia Series champion in 2008. The following year, he had finished 4th in his very first attempt at the GP2 Series, despite missing the final 8 races due to his rookie year commitments in the Formula One World Championship.
- In 2010, his triumph at the Auto GP Series was also in his very first attempt. He had finished within ‘Top 3’ in each of the last 8 races of the season.
- In 2011, he had won the GP2 Asia Series as well as the GP2 Series, becoming the first driver to hold both titles simultaneously. He was also the first driver to win the GP2 Asia Series twice.
- At the 2012 Belgian Grand Prix, he had become the first driver since 1994 to be handed a race ban in F1. This was after he had caused a multi-car pile up.
- In 2014, he had been featured in popular French DJ David Guetta‘s music video titled Dangerous.
- In October 2017, he had co-authored a cookbook titled Cuisine et Confidences with his wife.
Featured Image by Romain Grosjean / Instagram