|Ronan Parke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 8, 1998|
Ronan Parke is a talented British singer who rose to fame at the tender age of 12. He was touted as Britain’s Justin Bieber and even participated in the reality show, Britain’s Got Talent (2011), sporting Bieber’s former signature ‘Mop Chop’ hairstyle. Even in his early teens, Ronan had a mature, rich voice and effortlessly sang covers of some vocally challenging songs by seasoned artists like Adele, Nina Simone, Bob Dylan, and Kelly Rowland. Until 2017, Ronan had built an independent team to look forward to a life-long career as a singer /songwriter, exploring multiple genres of music.
Ronan David Parke
Poringland Village, Norfolk, England, UK
He divides his time between –
- Norfolk, England, UK
- London, England, UK
Ronan attended Alpington Primary School. Thereafter, he studied at Framingham Earl High School in Norfolk but did not pursue any further education after taking his GCSE examination.
Singer, Songwriter, Stage Actor
- Father – Trevor Parke (Self Employed Builder)
- Mother – Maggie Parke (Nurse Care Manager for adults with learning difficulties)
- Siblings – Declan Parke (3 Years Older Brother)
Entertainment Management Limited, UK
Sony Music, Syco, Epic, AD Records (Former), Rosen Music Group
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Picture perfect, symmetrical facial features
- Usually maintains a perfectly groomed hairstyle
- Has a signature movement of flicking back his forehead hair by jerking his head to one side
- Very lean, slim build
Best Known For
Being the runner-up in season 5 of the talent show Britain’s Got Talent in 2011 at the age of 12
His first studio album was self-titled, Ronan Parke, which released nationwide in the UK on October 24, 2011.
First TV Show
Ronan’s audition for Britain’s Got Talent in 2011, which aired on April 30, 2011, was his first TV show appearance which also won him a standing ovation from all the judges.
Ronan Parke Favorite Things
- Singers – Lady Gaga, Beyonce
- School Subject – English
- Shops – Top Man, Hollister
- Childhood Song – Superstar by Jamelia
- Color – Yellow
- School Dinner Meal – Cheesy Pasta
- TV Channel – MTV and all other music channels
- Jam – Raspberry
- Pizza Topping – Pepperoni
- Animated Film – The Lion King in 3D
Source – Eastern Daily Press, Daily Mail, Kidzcoolit
Ronan Parke Facts
- His musical genes come from his mother. Ronan’s mother was a part of a band and even took training to launch a potential solo career. But, she hated being in the spotlight and hence retired from the music business. Since she rarely went without listening or singing her favorite songs, her younger son, Ronan, inherited her passion for music.
- He started singing along to the songs on the radio at the age of 3.
- His first stage performance was at the age of 5. Dressed as a fir tree, he impressed his family with a solo act which was a part of his school play.
- Ronan was inclined towards fashion since his early childhood. His mother proclaimed that while she is a major influence on his manners and how he treats other people, her only say in her son’s clothing and style is that she gets to spend a huge fortune on Ronan’s outfits.
- The singer confessed in an interview that he was often bullied in school because he had no interest in sports and did not wear baggy clothes like other boys of his age. Since Ronan always had more interest in music and fashion and wore tight fitted clothes, his classmates often mocked him by calling him ‘gay’. He has also admitted that he was more feminine than the boys in his class.
- Ronan has a pet dog named Lola and considers her his spirit animal.
- Since the age of 10, Ronan took £15 per half an hour weekly singing lessons from Norwich-based vocal coach Kay Webber for 2 years before participating in Britain’s Got Talent (2011). Kay Webber also confirmed in an interview that Ronan was one of her best students.
- Although Ronan was everybody’s favorite to win Britain’s Got Talent (2011), an unknown writer stirred controversy on the Internet in June 2011 claiming that BGT was ‘fixed’ because Ronan was formerly known to judge Simon Cowell, who had groomed the young singer for 2 years prior to his BGT audition. Later, the writer was traced down in July 2011 and he accepted that it was a fabricated story created by him.
- The allegations regarding Ronan being acquainted with Simon Cowell were denied by both of them.
- The damage of the online smear campaign created by the anonymous writer lost Ronan Parke the title of Britain’s Got Talent in 2011 to Scottish singer, Jai McDowall, by 2.5% votes.
- Ronan was signed by Simon Cowell’s SYCO records but was dropped within a year after his debut album which peaked merely at #22 on the UK charts and could only generate lukewarm sales.
- In March 2014, Ronan announced that he had decided to part ways with AD Records.
- In 2014, Ronan released a single, Defined, to show his support for the London-based anti-bullying charity called Kidscape.
- In 2017, Parke made his theatrical debut by playing Aladdin in a pantomime produced by Anton Benson Productions. He also got nominated in February 2018 for The Great British Pantomime Award in the Best Newcomer category.
- He lovingly addresses his fans as Ronanators.
- In July 2018, he released a new single titled No Love (Like First Love).
- In November 2018, Ronan released a new album titled Found My Way.
- To find out more about the talented singer, visit his official website @ ronanparke.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ronan Parke / Instagram