|Roshan Mathew Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1992|
Roshan Mathew is an Indian actor who rose to fame after portraying Premraj in the
Malayalam comedy horror film Adi Kapyare Kootamani (2015). He gained further popularity by appearing in several other notable movies including Orayiram Kinakkalal (2017). Roshan has also starred in numerous movies in other languages like the Hindi-language Netflix film Choked (2020), and has been featured in various web series such as Tanlines (2015). He has performed in a number of theatre productions as well, including The Glass Menagerie directed by Rajit Kapoor. Mathew is the recipient of many accolades such as the CPC Cine Awards in 2019 for “Best Actor in a Character Role”. He has garnered more than 550k followers on Instagram.
Changanassery, Kerala, India
He attended Kendriya Vidyalaya in Kottayam. He enrolled in the School of Engineering, CUSAT in Kochi but dropped out after a year in order to study B.Sc Physics in Madras Christian College in Chennai.
When he was in his 2nd year in college, he started getting seriously interested in acting, and after his graduation, he began to go to the Drama School Mumbai.
- Father – Mathew Joseph (Bank Manager)
- Mother – Regina Augustine (Retired PWD Engineer)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Beard and mustache
- Thick and curly hair
- Mole on his nose
- Cheerful smile
Roshan Mathew Favorite Things
- Breakfast – Eggs, done very well
Source – Instagram
Roshan Mathew Facts
- He has revealed that his grandfather has been his hero. He had grown up on stories about him and has liked out he was a great fan of Shakespearean plays. Roshan had influenced and inspired Roshan to a large extent, from a very young age. He even went to the same college that his grandpa went to. When he had embarked upon a career in theatre, his grandmother had given him the green signal after getting delighted that at least one of her grandchildren was walking along the path of their grandfather.
- Mathew has stated that he has understood that at the end of the day, his characters are after all humans, with flaws, including the protagonist. He has also felt that perfect characters are monotonous with no layers and unrealistic. He has added that he has chosen his films because he has enjoyed collaborating with the people involved in the project and the characters the movies gave him had been only a bonus. Roshan has always cautiously tried to essay characters or act in films that have excited him and he has ensured that they are distinctly different from the ones he has done last. He has pointed out that he has found grey characters to be a lot more relatable, which has helped him to give his best.
- The first Instagram photo he had uploaded had been of a cow. It was posted in February 2014.
- Roshan has disclosed that he has particularly cherished working in theatre and has hoped to continue forever as he would not feel fulfilled doing only movies. He has regarded theatre to be extremely rewarding and satisfying, having felt happy and satiated performing live on the stage as it has taken away stress.
Featured Image by Roshan Mathew / Instagram