|Ruby Bentall Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ruby Bentall is an English actress and voiceover artist who is well-known for playing a variety of roles in several shows such as Minnie Mude in Lark Rise to Candleford, Hilary “Hils” Barnstaple in Jekyll and Hyde, Verity Poldark in Poldark, Mary Bennet in Lost in Austen, Pauline in The Paradise, and Kim Patterson in The Bill. Born in a family of actors, as both her parents have been in the acting business, she was somewhat destined to follow in the footsteps. Ruby Bentall has worked in several theatre productions and has also appeared in a number of other shows and movies which include You Can Choose Your Friends, Doctors, Oliver Twist, New Tricks, The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler, The Alchemistic Suitcase, Robin Hood, Blandings, Mr. Turner, Interlude in Prague, Midsomer Murders, and The Personal History of David Copperfield. Moreover, she has also garnered quite a social media fan base with more than 15k followers Twitter and more than 20k followers on Instagram.
Camden, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Ruby Bentall studied at Grey Court School located in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, London, England. Then, she attended Richmond upon Thames College, located in Twickenham, Greater London, England, from 2004 to 2006 and graduated with a BTEC National Diploma in Performance.
Actress, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Paul Bentall (Actor)
- Mother – Janine Duvitski (Actress)
- Siblings – Jack Bentall (Brother) (Actor), Albert Bentall (Brother) (Actor), Edith Bentall (Sister) (Lead singer of the band named “FOURS”)
- Others – Ruby Bentall also has 2 older paternal half-siblings.
Ruby Bentall is represented by Gordon and French, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 0½ in or 153.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ruby Bentall has not dated anyone publicly yet and prefers to keep her private life away from the public eye. Therefore, it is difficult for us to ascertain anything about her love life and relationship history.
Race / Ethnicity
- Childlike appearance
- Usually sports short hair
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Verity Blamey (née Poldark) in the historical period drama television series, Poldark (from 2015), which is based on the novels by Winston Graham. She stars on the show alongside the likes of Aidan Turner, Eleanor Tomlinson, Heida Reed, Jack Farthing, Luke Norris, Beatie Edney, and Pip Torrens.
- Appearing as Mary Bennet in the TV mini-series titled Lost in Austen (2008)
- Playing several other roles in a number of shows such as Kim Patterson in The Bill (2009), Minnie Mude in Lark Rise to Candleford (2009-2011), Pauline in The Paradise (2012), Hilary “Hils” Barnstaple in Jekyll & Hyde (2015), and Cassie Lincombe /Robyn Dent in Holby City (2006, 2018)
Ruby Bentall made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Emily in the comedy horror slasher film, Tormented, in 2009. The film starred the likes of Alex Pettyfer, April Pearson, Dimitri Leonidas, Calvin Dean, Tuppence Middleton, Peter Amory, and Geoff Bell.
First TV Show
Ruby Bentall made her first TV show appearance as Robyn Dent in an episode, titled We Gave Her All Our Love, of the medical drama television series, Holby City, in February 2006. She got the opportunity to work on the show while she was studying at Richmond College.
She stays fit by leading an active lifestyle.
Ruby Bentall Facts
- When she was around 8 years old, her family shifted to Petersham which is a village in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, London, England.
- Ruby Bentall’s performance as Mary Bennet in the fantasy romantic drama TV mini-series, Lost in Austen, in 2008 has been described as “by far the most interesting interpretation of the sanctimonious middle Bennet daughter of Pride and Prejudice yet”.
- She has also worked as a theatre artist and made her debut at the National Theatre in 2008 by appearing in productions of DNA and The Miracle.
- She has worked as a voiceover artist by providing vocals to the BBC Radio 4 drama Sister Agnes Investigates.
- In June 2010, Ruby Bentall was cast as Alice in an adaptation, titled Alice, of Lewis Carroll’s novel Alice in Wonderland. It was written by Laura Wade and was performed at the Sheffield Crucible located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England.
- From March 2011 to April 2011, she was cast as Anya in Remembrance Day which was performed at the Royal Court Theatre in Chelsea, London, England.
- Ruby Bentall has also been cast as Victoria in a play titled Grief which was directed by Mike Leigh and was performed at the Royal National Theatre in London.
- She enjoys reading a lot and has read several books such as Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel, How to Be Both by Ali Smith, No Is Not Enough by Naomi Klein, A Girl Is a Half-formed Thing by Eimear McBride, Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild, and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Featured Image by Ruby Bentall / Instagram