|Russell Franke Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 2011|
Russell Franke is an American social media star best known as the 2nd youngest out of 6 kids born to Ruby and Kevin Franke. The two were behind the creation of a family vlogging YouTube channel, 8 Passengers in January 2015, which has garnered a fanbase of more than 2.5 million subscribers. He was 1st introduced to the audience in the 5th video uploaded to the channel titled Russell’s Imaginary Friend on February 6, 2015, with a caption “Where cute and mischievous collide!”. From that point on, he was regularly featured in the family videos and the viewers grew to love his witts and intelligence. Russell has also amassed an audience of more than 50k followers on Instagram.
Russell Donald Franke
Utah, United States
Springville, Utah, United States
He went to kindergarten between 2016 and 2018 and was enrolled in a public school starting in 2018.
Social Media Star
- Father – Kevin Franke (Social Media Star, Engineer, University Professor)
- Mother – Ruby Franke (Social Media Star)
- Siblings – Shari Franke (Older Sister) (Social Media Star), Chad Franke (Older Brother) (Social Media Star), Abby Franke (Older Sister) (Social Media Star), Julie Franke (Older Sister) (Social Media Star), Eve Franke (Younger Sister) (Social Media Star)
- Others – Donald Franke (Paternal Grandfather), Chad Griffiths (Maternal Grandfather) (Social Media Star), Jennifer Griffiths (Maternal Grandmother) (Social Media Star), Beau Griffiths (Uncle) (Social Media Star), Emily Griffiths (Aunt) (Social Media Star), Landon Deru (Uncle) (Social Media Star), Julie Deru (Aunt) (Social Media Star, Nurse), Jared Mecham (Uncle) (Social Media Star), Ellie Mecham (Aunt) (Social Media Star), Joel Hoellein (Uncle) (Social Media Star), Bonnie Hoellein (Aunt) (Social Media Star), Kate Griffiths (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Henry Griffiths (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Clara Griffiths (Cousin), Emma Deru (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Cooper Deru (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Porter Deru (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Lucy Deru (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Jackson Mecham (Cousin), Tommy Mecham (Cousin), Calvin Mecham (Cousin), Olivia Hoellein (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Cody Hoellein (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Lincoln Hoellein (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Boston Hoellein (Cousin) (Social Media Star)
Russell Franke is represented by his parents.
4 ft 3.5 in or 131 cm
30 kg or 66 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
Russell Franke, as part of 8 Passengers, has endorsed brands such as –
- Square Panda
- Organizing Habits
- Total Wireless
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Walmart Grocery Pickup App
- Wet Ones Hand Wipes
- Hum By Verizon
- Bollie Brand
He attends the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Best Known For
Being the 2nd youngest kid out of 6 children born to Ruby and Kevin Franke, who created a family vlogging YouTube channel, titled 8 Passengers in 2015, which has amassed an audience of more than 2.5 million subscribers
Russell Franke Facts
- He was named after his paternal grandfather, Donald Franke.
- When he was born, his older sister Shari couldn’t get her hands off of him and took every opportunity she had to hold him.
- Russell began crawling when he was 1 year old and walking when he was around 20 months old. This made him fall into the category of having a late physical development.
- When it comes to his mental prowess, his family said he was insanely smart. Russell read the 1st Harry Potter book at a very young age. However, he nearly destroyed the page covers of the book while reading them, which pissed off his older sister Shari.
- Russell is a big fan of Oreos. He eats them by taking the biscuits apart, licking the cream in the middle, then putting them back together and returning them to the package. This leaves a soggy surprise for the next person that wants to eat Oreos, especially his mom who also loves them.
- He can play the violin.
- After his mom bought boxing gloves and head protection gear, he and his siblings and cousins couldn’t stop fighting around the house. Despite being protected, his mom said she was always on edge but because it kept them occupied, she tolerated it.
- He had to get his tonsils and adenoids surgically removed in February 2016.
- His mom hired a swimming instructor in August 2019 to try and teach him how to swim. However, he didn’t like it and gave up on going down the waterslide at the last moment, prompting her to delay her decision until next summer.
- He and his family were left heartbroken when they had to put down their family dog Nolly in May 2019. They got Nolly in 2007 when they moved from Seattle, Washington, to Idaho, United States.
- His dad wanted to surprise him with a new watch for his birthday in 2019. However, when he unboxed it, the strap broke.
- As he was standing and checking out a picture wall at school in early October 2019, his younger sister Eve came behind him, pushed him and he hit the back of his head against bricks. The school had to call his mom to take them both home, leading her and Kevin to talk to her about personal boundaries. The two later hugged after Eve said he felt sorry and they played a video game Roblox together.
- Visit his family’s official website @ 8passengers.com.
- Follow him on Instagram.
- Follow his family on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Russell Franke / Instagram