|Russell Peters Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 29, 1970|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Russell Dominic Peters
Toronto, Ontario, United States
He is based in Los Angeles, where he bought a luxurious mansion for more than 6 million dollars in July 2017. The house has 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms and is located in posh Hidden Hills neighborhood.
He often travels to his hometown Toronto and Las Vegas as well.
In 9th grade, Russell Peters got enrolled at the Chinguacousy Secondary School.
In grade 11, he got admission at the North Peel Secondary School in Bramalea and studied grade 12 there as well.
Comedian and actor
- Father – Eric Peters (Federal Meat Inspector)
- Mother – Maureen Peters
- Siblings – Clayton Peters (Older Brother) (Russell’s Manager)
- Others – James Peters (Paternal Grandfather), Christopher Anthony Waike (Maternal Grandfather), Sheila Waike (Maternal Grandmother)
Russell Peters is managed by
- Creative Drive Artists
- Clayton Peters
Satire, observational comedy, improvisational comedy, black comedy, Insult comedy
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Russell Peters has dated –
- Sunny Leone – Russell Peters had a short-lived affair with actress Sunny Leone, while she was still working in the Canadian p*rn industry. They had been good friends for a pretty long time and their friendship eventually evolved into something deeper. However, in her interviews, Leone has claimed that she regrets getting in a relationship with Peters as it spoiled a lot of things for them. But she insisted that their breakup was amicable and she would hug him if they met again.
- Monica Diaz (2010-2012) – After dating for quite some time, Russell proposed to his girlfriend Monica Diaz at the Los Angeles International Airport. Shortly after their engagement, he took to his Twitter to announce their engagement. In August 2010, they got married in a small and romantic ceremony (attended by 20 guests) held at A Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas. Soon after their marriage, Peters revealed that his wife was pregnant and her pregnancy expedited their marriage. In December 2010, Monica gave birth to a baby girl, Crystianna Marie Peters. In March 2012, he revealed that they were going through a divorce.
- Ruzanna Khetchian (2016-Present) – In September 2016, Peters revealed that he had got engaged to his girlfriend Ruzanna Khetchian. Russell had proposed with a 25-carat diamond that had four lobster claws holding the diamond in its place. They have been huge fans of the Friends TV series and they had taken lobster inspiration from the TV show.
Race / Ethnicity
Indian He has Anglo-Indian ancestry.
- Big Nose
- Receding Hairline
Russell Peters was raised as a Catholic. However, his religious views as an adult aren’t known as he refuses to talk about religion in his interviews.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular Canadian standup comedians.
- His mimicry skills and for his hilarious portrayal of different ethnicities and nationalities.
In 1994, Russell made his theatrical film debut in a minor role in Canadian drama movie, Boozecan.
First TV Show
In 1997, Peters made his first TV show appearance as himself in the comedy TV series, Live at Jongleurs.
Russell Peters relies on his Jiu-Jitsu training sessions to keep himself fit. He often relies on Jean Jacques Machado guidance for his Jiu Jitsu workouts.
Russell Peters Favorite Things
- Comedic Influence – George Carlin
Source – Wikipedia
Russell Peters Facts
- In April 2017, he created a controversy at the Juno Awards after he opened the event with a rape joke, in which he praised young girls’ looks and then added that it was felony waiting to happen, which was an obvious nod towards sexual assault.
- While studying in school, he was often the victim of bullying. He eventually learned boxing so that he could protect himself from bullies.
- In 2007, he created a history by becoming the first comedian to sell out Air Canada Centre in Toronto. He went on to sell more than 16,000 tickets over the space of two days.
- In 2009, he created another record by becoming the first ever comedian to sell over 16,000 tickets for his performance at the iconic O2 Arena in London.
- In September 2013, he was honored by the Association of South Asians in Media, Marketing and Entertainment (SAMMA) with a Trailblazer award in recognition of his success as a standup comedian.
- His May 2010 comedy show in Sydney created history by becoming the first comedy act to clock over 13,880 audiences in Australia.
- In October 2010, he released his autobiography Call Me Russell, which he had written in collaboration with his brother Clayton and Dannis Koromilas.
- In 2010, he set up Russell Peters North Peel Scholarship, which can amount to up to $20,000 and is intended to cover finances for three years of college education since not all students are able to afford an education, others go to sites as nation21loans.com to get loans for their primary needs. It is awarded annually to a student, who is graduating from Judith Nyman Secondary School (formerly North Peel) and has a strong academic record.
Featured Image by Gordon Correll (gdcgraphics) / Flickr / CC BY-SA 3.0