Brenham, Texas, United States
Summit, Springfield, New Jersey, United States
Sadie studied at Summit Senior High School, New Jersey alongside taking vocal training and dance lessons.
- Father – Casey Adam Sink (Mathematics Teacher, Offensive Line Football Coach)
- Mother – Lori Elizabeth Sink née Baughman
- Siblings – Caleb Sink (Older Brother), Spencer Sink (Older Brother), Mitchell Sink (Older Brother) (Actor), Jacey Sink (Younger Sister)
- Others – Kay Baughman (Maternal Grandmother) (Retired Teacher)
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California
- John Mara, Mara Entertainment, NYC
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has not yet started dating publicly.
Race / Ethnicity
Sadie might possibly have distant German ancestry.
- Naturally bright red hair
- Delicate, petite build
- Clear blue eyes
- Print modeling for Nike (2018)
- Cast in Italian brand, Miu-Miu’s holiday Whispers campaign (2017)
- Part of Clean & Clear Acne Spot treatment commercial (2016)
- Featured in Stony Brook children’s hospital commercial (2014)
Her religious beliefs are not confirmed.
Best Known For
Playing Maxine Mayfield aka Mad Max on Stranger Things.
Brief role as child Kimberly in a biographical sports drama called Chuck (2016) which had Liev Schreiber in the lead role.
First TV Show
1 episode guest appearance as Lana in The Americans in 2013.
- After Sadie locked her part in Stranger Things (2017) Season 2, Netflix sent her a skateboard since skateboarding was a favorite hobby of her character.
- Sadie carried that skateboard everywhere with her and practiced skateboarding for 3 hours every day for two months before flying to Atlanta, Georgia to film the series.
- Up until 2016, Sadie was a vegetarian.
- While filming for The Glass Castle (2017), Sadie met Woody Harrelson and became a close friend of his daughter Makani. The acclaimed actor who is a vocal advocate of veganism inspired Sadie to turn all out vegan.
- Sadie used to love chicken and waffles before turning vegetarian. Luckily, she found a vegan substitute for both at Café Sunflower.
- When off-filming and living at home, Sadie prefers to cook and prepare all her meals.
- Breakfast – Oatmeal prepared a night before with almond butter and fruit.
- Lunch – Soup and Salad
- Dinner – A heavy meal such as pasta
Sadie Sink Favorite Things
- Video Game – Pac Man (because it is the easiest)
- Hobby – Photography, Cooking
- Documentary – Black Fish (2013)
- Musical Artist – Beyoncé
- Cuisine – Italian
- Salad – Vegan Caesar salad
- T–Shirt Quote – “So Fetch.” – Gretchen Wieners
Source – Vanity Fair, Just Jared, The New Potato
Sadie Sink Facts
- At the age of 7, she became obsessed with Disney’s High School Musical. Sadie repeatedly enacted the scenes at home with her brother Mitchell which compelled her mother to put both of them in community theatre near Houston.
- Through community theatre, Sadie landed a Broadway audition for Annie (2012). Initially, she was on standby for the supporting cast but eventually got to play the lead part five times when the original actress left unexpectedly.
- Her Broadway break was also her first job as an actress for which she had to do 8 shows a week that finished at midnight every day.
- Sadie had her ‘first’ kiss on the sets of Stranger Things (2017) Season 2 Episode 9 with co-actor, Caleb Mclaughlin.
- Sadie was happy to sacrifice summer vacations and high school dances to act.
- To land the part of Max in Stranger Things, Sadie had to go for 5 call-backs which concluded with a screen test within a period of two weeks. It was followed by months of intense preparation before filming for the TV show started. She also had to learn everything about the 80’s era.
- When Sadie was announced to play Max in Stranger Things, she faced a lot of internet backlash which proclaimed that red-heads were not tough enough to play a tomboy. The child actress was not fazed by the criticism at all.
- She had to wear a fake tan to play Max because Sadie does not like spending time in the sun in real life.
- Sadie was reportedly paid $23,625 per episode for Stranger Things 2.
- At the age of 13, Sadie played the part of a young Queen Elizabeth II alongside Helen Mirren in the Broadway production called The Audience (2015) and accompanied her to the Tony awards for the same.
- Due to her red hair, she is constantly compared to other redhead actresses such as Jessica Chastain and Amy Adams.
- She owns a lot of cookbooks and in her early childhood, dreamt of participating in Master Chef Junior.
- Along with Stranger Things cast member, Noah Schnapp, Sadie often discusses becoming a food critic someday. For fun, the two friends often head out and try a variety of dishes and rate it out of 10.
- She is close friends with fellow actress, Millie Bobby Brown and the two girls maintain their bond through sleepovers and vacations.
- To find out more about the actress, follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0