|Sajad Gharibi Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sajad Gharibi is an Iranian weightlifter, bodybuilder, and mixed martial artist who had first come into the spotlight on Instagram where he used to share pictures and videos wherein he could be seen punching concrete walls, ripping apart melons, pulling cars, and bending metal. His enormous physique, which he shows off frequently, has amassed him more than 650k followers on the platform.
The Iranian Hulk, The Persian Hercules
Ahvaz, Khuzestan, Iran
Sajad, after his high school graduation, had joined the Islamic Azad University, a private university system headquartered in Tehran. He had earned a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the university’s branch in Bushehr.
Weightlifter, Bodybuilder, Mixed Martial Artist
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
177 kg or 390 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Iranian descent.
- Gigantic frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Sports a thick beard
Sajad Gharibi Facts
- It has often been claimed on the internet that Sajad photoshops his images for Instagram and that he is in fact nowhere near as strong as people perceive him to be. Many netizens have also often claimed that he is flabby with little muscle which means that he is highly unsuitable for a career in wrestling or mixed martial arts. However, there is no actual evidence of any manipulation on his part, and all the picture analysis done by YouTubers has not been solid proof enough to disprove Sajad’s physique.
- With more than half a million followers on Instagram, his popularity has seen him get offered some roles in Iranian films, a few of which he has accepted.
- In 2016, he had offered to participate in the fight against the atrocities committed by the global terrorist organization ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) in Syria.
- In 2019, he had made his mixed martial arts debut by taking on a Brazilian opponent in the ring. It was after this that American professional mixed martial artist and UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) star Brian Ortega had challenged him to a fight and he had accepted. Despite weighing about 240 pounds less than Sajad, Brian had claimed that he would destroy his opponent.
- This mouthwatering contest had to be canceled though as Sajad had accepted a match against British actor, bodybuilder, and personal trainer Martyn Ford, who stands 6 ft 8 in tall and weighs about 145 kg. The match between the two giants was scheduled for April 2, 2022, in London, at an event set up by Konfrontacja Sztuk Walki (KSW), the premier mixed martial arts organization in Poland and one of the leading mixed martial arts promotions in Europe.
- The fight has already been labeled by netizens as a bout between ‘the world’s scariest men’. Sajad had laid down the gauntlet for the match in an Instagram video where he had stated that he would be treating the match as a matter of personal pride. Martyn had responded to the video by stating that he would be preparing for the match by pushing himself through the ‘most vigorous fight camp ever’.
Featured Image by Sajad Gharibi / Instagram