|Sam Fischer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1991|
Sam Fischer is an Australian singer and songwriter who has released the EPs Not a Hobby (2018), Sam Fischer (Our Vinyl Sessions) (2018), and Homework (2020). He had risen to fame in 2019 with the re-release of the track This City (originally released in 2018) which peaked in the ‘Top 20’ of the music charts in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, Sweden, and the UK. The song, written to reflect upon his experiences in Los Angeles, had been certified ‘Platinum’ by both the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) and Recorded Music NZ (RMNZ); and ‘Gold’ by both the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) and the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
He splits his time between Los Angeles, California, United States, and Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Sam had attended the Sydney Grammar School, an independent, boys’ school in Sydney. He had later joined the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, a heritage-listed music school in Sydney.
In 2010, he had been accepted to the renowned Berklee College of Music, a private music college in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Father – His father is a doctor.
- Mother – His mother is a doctor.
- Siblings – He has a brother who is an engineer.
He is represented by –
- Brad Beausir, General Manager, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Bennett Beckner, Booking Agent (North America), Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
- Jon Ollier, Booking Agent (Rest of the World), Creative Artists Agency (CAA), London, England, United Kingdom
- Lizzie Holdforth, Booking Agent (Rest of the World), Creative Artists Agency (CAA), London, England, United Kingdom
R&B, Soul, Neo-Soul, Contemporary R&B, Contemporary Soul, Pop
Vocals, Saxophone, Violin
- RI Entertainment
- Our Vinyl TV
- RCA Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam has dated –
- Erin Fischer (2019-Present) – Sam got married to his long-time girlfriend and backup vocalist Erin in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Australian descent.
- Stocky frame
- Short-cropped, curly hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Affable smile
Sam Fischer Facts
- He had been attracted to music at the age of just 3 when he began to play the violin after getting inspired by watching a performance from an artist named Queenie.
- His family had moved to the city of Sydney when he was 7 years old and by the time he was 10, he had started playing in his high school jazz band and had learned how to play the saxophone. Within a couple of years of this, he had started penning tracks of his own.
- At the Berklee College of Music, he had joined a vocal troupe called Pitch Slapped.
- Before getting signed up by RCA Records in 2019, he used to release all his music either independently or via little-known labels or recording studios. RCA had helped him re-release his debut EP, Not a Hobby (2018), in January 2020, thus regenerating interest in his initial work.
- His breakthrough song, This City, was nominated for the ‘Song of the Year’ award at the 2020 ARIA Music Awards.
Featured Image by Sam Fischer / Instagram