|Sam Kolder Quick Info
|6 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|February 3, 1996
Sam Kolder is a Canadian filmmaker, editor, and photographer who rose to fame after he began uploading video content to his “kold” YouTube channel in May 2011, which went on to accumulate more than a million subscribers. He gained further recognition by getting hired to be the head of the multi-award-winning content studio Beautiful Destinations. Sam has amassed more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Filmmaker, Editor, Photographer
- Siblings – Tim (Brother) (Deceased)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Arianna Hicks (2016-2017) – He started dating singer and Instagram star Sam Kolder in 2016. They had met via a mutual friend. The pair disclosed that Arianna had done a photo shoot with him and a couple of months later, Sam messaged her to inform her that he was coming to Toronto and they should hang out. As she was not in a relationship with anyone at that time, he had asked her out for a date, which was to watch the film, Scary Movie. It has seemed that they split in 2017 as they barely mentioned each other on social media since the early months of 2017.
- Chelsea Yamase
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Sharp nose
- Six pack abs
- Tall stature
- Dimpled smile
Sam Kolder Favorite Things
- Pastime – Doing Yoga, sleeping in, stretching, journaling, self-love
- Dessert – Vegan ice cream
Source – Instagram
Sam Kolder Facts
- He was brought up in Toronto, Canada. He later moved to Los Angeles, California.
- Sam has recollected that the first time he had ever used a camera to film something had been at camp when he was around nine years old. His brother had got a little point-and-shoot camera and they had a good time cutting out parts of clips.
- Sam has recalled that during his last year of high school, he had taken an open photography course where he did a lot of work with film cameras as well as film processing in dark rooms. It had not been a new experience to him as he had already been studying camera functions and editing in his spare time, since he was about 10 years old. He has added that it had, nevertheless, been exciting and had helped spark some of his creativity.
- After finishing high school, he decided to take a year off to travel along with doing some freelance video work. He soon found himself working closely with the Chainsmokers making a lot of their social media content as well as traveling alongside them.
- Kolder has cherished playing tennis.
- Sam has been thrilled about how his job has required him to travel almost non-stop. He has derived tremendous inspiration from his tours, which have allowed him to constantly see and feel new things. He has observed that on trips, his mind has begun to think of novel ways to go about expressing what he has viewed, via visuals.
- Sam has felt privileged to have got the scope of visiting many countries and has admitted to have found Hawaii to be one of the most delightful places. He has found everything there, from the landscapes to the fish in the ocean, to have been totally unique so much so that Hawaii has held a special place in his heart.
- He has enjoyed extreme sports such as skateboarding and cliff jumping.
Featured Image by Sam Kolder / Instagram