|Samantha Bee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1969|
Samantha Bee is an actress, comedian, writer, producer, and TV host. She was born in Canada and works in the United States. She is known for her show “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.” Jon Stewart has greatly influenced her comedy career. She holds the dual citizenship of Canada and America.
Samantha Jamie Bee
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
New York City, New York, U.S
During her childhood, Bee attended a Catholic school at Roncesvalles Avenue, where her grandmother worked as a secretary.
After that, she went to the Humberside Collegiate Institute and York Memorial Collegiate Institute. Then, Bee studied humanities at McGill University right after graduation.
After her first year, she moved to the University of Ottawa, where she started taking theatre classes. Bee later got admission in George Brown Theatre School, which is located in Toronto.
Comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, actress, television host
- Father – Ronald Bee
- Mother – Debra Bee
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Harry Meekins (Maternal Grandfather), Doris Dougherty (Maternal Grandmother)
Samantha Bee is represented by –
- Nancy Gates, Talent Agent, United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Brian Stern, Manager, AGI Entertainment Media & Management, New York, U.S.
- United Talent Agency (UTA) (Talent Agent Commercial), Beverly Hills, U.S.
- Jenny Tversky and Marla Farrell, Publicists, Shelter PR, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Ken Richman, Legal Representative, Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller, Beverly Hills, U.S.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Samantha Bee has dated –
- Jason Jones (1996-Present) – Actor Jason Jones met Samantha in 1996. Eventually, they got married in 2001. In January 2006, the couple had their first child named Piper Bee-Jones. After 2 years, in 2008, Fletcher Bee-Jones, their second child was born. In late 2010, the couple had their third child, a daughter named Ripley.
Race / Ethnicity
Samantha has Irish, English, and at least 1/16th French ancestry.
Samantha was featured in a TV commercial for Kraft Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing in 2009.
Her upbringing was done in a Catholic environment.
As an adult, her religious views are unknown.
Best Known For
- Her comedy news talk-show Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
- Being cast in the romantic comedy film Whatever Works (2009)
- Having played the role of Cinnabon Cashier in the romantic comedy sports film The Love Guru in 2008
She made her theatrical film debut in the Canadian comedy film Ham & Cheese in 2004.
First TV Show
In 2000, Samantha made her first TV show appearance in a minor role of a neighbor in the drama family TV series Real Kids, Real Adventures.
Samantha takes her diet seriously. The Full Frontal host is also an early bird. She usually eats healthy breakfast. Her typical day’s diet plan is as follows –
- Breakfast – It includes healthy food options like avocado, eggs, cheddar cheese, salsa etc.
- Lunch – She usually eats greens.
- Dinner – It is a trickier matter, even for a health freak like her. She makes muffins once in a while.
More information can be found on Healthy Celeb.
Samantha Bee Favorite Things
- Food – Mexican
Source – Facebook
Samantha Bee Facts
- In May 2017, Samantha acquired a place in TIME magazine’s “The 100 Most Influential People” issue written by Jane Curtin.
- She called Ivanka Trump feckless c*nt on national TV on May 31, 2018. Later, she apologized for that.
- She holds the distinction of being the first non-U.S. correspondent on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
- Bee is known for being the longest-serving regular correspondent on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
- In 2014, Samantha acquired the citizenship of the U.S.
- Follow her on Twitter and Facebook.
Featured Image by Montclair Film / Flickr / CC BY 2.0