|Andrew Buchan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 19, 1979|
Andrew Buchan is an English actor who is best remembered for playing Mark Latimer in the BAFTA Award-winning series Broadchurch (2013-2017), John Mercer in The Fixer (2008-2009), and Scott Foster in Party Animals (2007).
Stockport, England, United Kingdom
Andrew studied at Rivington and Blackrod High School in Horwich.
He graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Modern Languages from St Cuthbert’s Society, Durham University in 2001.
He received his training in acting from the prestigious Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
- Father – Worked as the Head of Customs at Manchester Airport
- Mother – Passed away in 2000
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew has dated –
- Amy Nuttall (2007-2022) – Buchan married his longtime girlfriend and Downton Abbey actress Amy Nuttall on September 8, 2012. The happy couple welcomed a daughter named Tabitha Ellen Rose Buchan on April 5, 2015. In December 2022, it was reported that the couple had separated after Andrew had moved in with Leila Farzad.
- Leila Farzad (2022-Present) – His relationship with actress Leila Farzad first came into the spotlight in December 2022 after he reportedly left his family home and moved in with her.
Race / Ethnicity
Andrew Buchan Favorite Things
- Radio Show – I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue
Source – RadioTimes.com
Andrew Buchan Facts
- One of his earlier jobs included working as a tour guide at the Granada Studios in Manchester. He also worked odd jobs like a barman, concierge, and manual laborer before finding success as an actor.
- Andrew is fluent in English, French, Spanish, and German.
- His dream dinner guests would be Steven Gerrard, Stephen Fry, and Billy Connolly.
- Similar to his role of an assassin in The Fixer, Andrew once turned in a man who confided in the actor of having committed a homicide. This incident earned him the nickname ‘The Fixer’ in real life.
- In 2014, he launched his production company called Redcan Films with writer and director, Robert Ford.
- His celebrity crush while growing up was Dannii Minogue.
- Actor Benedict Cumberbatch would like Andrew to play him in a film about his (Benedict’s) life.
Featured Image by Andrew Lovegrove / Facebook