|Sami Khedira Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1987|
Sami Khedira started his soccer education at the TV Oeffingen. In 1995, he then moved to the youth academy of VfB Stuttgart. He graduated through various age-group teams at the German club to eventually graduate to the senior squad.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Lazhar Khedira
- Mother – Doris Khedira
- Siblings – Denny Khedira (Brother), Rani Khedira (Younger Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
Sami Khedira is represented by Jorg Neubauer.
6 – Juventus
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sami Khedira has dated –
- Lena Gercke (2011–2015) – Sami Khedira started going out with model and television host Lena Gercke in 2011. They made their relationship public by taking part in a steamy and adorable photoshoot for the German edition of GQ. The press termed them as the German Beckhams and Lena made Madrid her home base to spend more time with Sami. However, this adorable couple decided to separate in 2015 due to differences about future plans. Apparently, Sami wanted to start a family but Lena was determined to moving her career forward and there was no room for such commitments.
- Stefanie Giesinger (2015) – Sami’s next flame was another winner of Germany’s Top Model competition. Sami was spotted in Turin with beautiful Stefanie Giesinger in December 2015, which gave wind to the dating rumors. Stefanie was there to watch him play for Juventus in Serie A.
- Adriana Lima (2016) – Sami found a perfect way to get over missing out on Euro 2016 by hooking up with the Brazilian bombshell Adriana Lima. The German star was spotted holidaying in Mykonos with Victoria’s Secret angel in July 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
On his mother’s side, he has German ancestry, whereas his father is of Tunisian descent.
- His imposing presence
- Strong Jaw
- Long chin
After making his breakthrough, Sami Khedira signed a commercial deal with Nike.
Best Known For
- Playing for the Spanish giants Real Madrid.
- Being one of the main defensive midfielders in the German National team.
First Soccer Match
Sami Khedira made his debut for VfB Stuttgart against Hertha BSC as a second-half substitute in a 2-2 draw played out on October 1, 2006.
On August 29, 2010, Khedira made his first appearance for Real Madrid in a La Liga match against Bayern Mallorca.
He made his first competitive start for Juventus on September 30, 2015 in a Champions League group stage match against Sevilla.
On September 5, 2009, he made his debut for German national team in a friendly against South Africa.
In 2014, he was seen in the sports documentary film The Team as himself.
First TV Show
Starting from 2010, he has been seen in many episodes of the documentary news show Das aktuelle Sportstudio.
Ever since he made his breakthrough at Stuttgart, Sami has relied on Michael Eyrainer to keep his fitness razor shaped. Sami shared his rehabilitation workout, which he undertook after suffering a serious knee injury in November 2013, with the German edition of Fit for Fun magazine. The workout was designed by Eyrainer and helped him get fit just in time to participate in the 2014 World Cup with his national side.
The first exercise involved placing his one leg over the medicine ball with body held in straight elevated position and shoulders on the floor. Using his foot, he had to roll the ball towards the hips. Next exercise was elevated version of side plank with upper side leg stretched upwards.
The third exercise was single-leg knee bend with rear leg placed over the medicine ball. The last exercise was purely for mental side with two threads containing colored beads held in line with eyes. This helped him estimate distances better, which are essential for a ball playing, deep-lying midfielder.
All exercises are depicted pictorially at FitForFun.de.
Sami Khedira Facts
- On May 19, 2010, Khedira scored the winning goal in the last match of the league, which helped them win the Bundesliga for the first time in 15 years.
- On April 12, 2012, he scored his second-ever league goal for Real Madrid in a match against Barcelona, which took team’s goal tally to 108, breaking previous league record in the process.
- In June 2015, Sami joined the Serie A champions Juventus on a four-year contract deal after running down his existing deal with Real Madrid.
- In the European Under-21 Championship 2009, he was the German team captain and led his side to glory by overcoming England in the final match.
- He was a part of the German side that managed to reach semifinals of Euro 2012. He was named in the team of the tournament for his superb performances.
- Khedira being a son of a Tunisian migrant is a strong advocate of the integration of immigrants through sports and turned ambassador for numerous such campaigns in Germany.
- With Real Madrid, Sami won two Copa Del Rey cups, a La Liga title and a UEFA Champions League trophy. In addition, he also bagged one FIFA club world cup winner’s medal.
- Sami Khedira was part of the 2014 World Cup winning German squad. He missed out on playing in the final due to an injury in pre-game warm-ups.
- In his first season with Juventus, he won the Serie A title as well as the Coppa Italia cup.