|Sandeep Reddy Vanga Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1981|
Sandeep Reddy Vanga is an Indian film director and screenwriter who shot to fame after making his directorial debut with the blockbuster hit Telugu-language film Arjun Reddy (2017). He rose to further prominence after directing its Hindi-language remake titled Kabir Singh (2019) which starred the popular actor Shahid Kapoor.
Sandeep Reddy Vanga
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Sandeep studied till 8th grade at the Platinum Jubilee High School in his hometown of Warangal. He completed his high schooling in Hyderabad after his family had moved there.
Sandeep then attended the SDM College of Physiotherapy in Dharwad where he earned a bachelor’s degree. He went on to study filmmaking as his post-graduation at the Academy of Film, Theatre & Television in Australia.
Film Director, Screenwriter
- Father – Prabhakar Reddy Vanga
- Mother – Sujatha Reddy Vanga (d. 2019)
- Siblings – Pranay Reddy Vanga (Older Brother) (Film Producer)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sandeep Reddy Vanga has dated –
- Manisha Reddy (2014–Present) – Sandeep got married to Maneesha Reddy (Karuna) in 2014. The couple has a son together named Arjun Reddy Vanga (b. 2016). Sandeep chose to name his directorial debut film after his firstborn son.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a thick beard
- Wears spectacles
- Has a mole near his nose
- Dense hair and sports a Mullett
Sandeep Reddy Vanga Favorite Things
- Film Director – S. S. Rajamouli
- Actors – Shah Rukh Khan, Anil Kapoor, Chiranjeevi
- Movies – Roja (1992), Leaving Las Vegas (1995), Requiem for a Dream (2000), Revolutionary Road (2008), Rockstar (2011), Tamasha (2015)
Source – Mirchi 9, Business Standard, Idle Brain
Sandeep Reddy Vanga Facts
- Sandeep’s older brother, Pranay Reddy Vanga, had served as a producer on his directorial debut film Arjun Reddy. Sandeep also doubled up as the narrator of the film.
- Sandeep’s first work in the film industry was as an apprentice for the 2005 romantic Telugu-language film Manasu Maata Vinadhu. He also worked as an assistant director for the 2010 action film Kedi and as an associate director for the 2015 romantic drama film Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju.
- He had meant for a script titled Sugar Factory to be his feature film directorial debut but shelved its writing process midway and began writing the script for Arjun Reddy in 2013.
- The writing work for Arjun Reddy was completed within a year and the script found a producer as well. However, the shooting got delayed as the actor chosen for the male lead had several films lined up in his queue.
- The film and its subsequent Hindi remake ran into trouble for their depiction of smoking, drug abuse, domestic violence, and apparent misogyny, with Sandeep defending his films at every occasion stating that the criticism had been unreasonable and over the top.
- For Arjun Reddy, he won the “Best Debut Director” award at the 2018 South Indian International Movie Awards.
- Sandeep has also made his acting debut with a cameo appearance in the 2018 bilingual biographical film Mahanati.
- In October 2019, Sandeep faced further backlash after a notorious TikTok user killed 3 people, including an air-hostess he was obsessed with and then committed suicide. It was alleged that the culprit was influenced by Sandeep’s films Kabir Singh and Arjun Reddy. Sandeep expressed regret over the incident but defended his films stating that the protagonists of his films were self-destructive rather than being violent towards others and that his films never endorsed killing.
Featured Image by Film Companion / YouTube