|Sandi Toksvig Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1958|
Sandi Toksvig is a British-Danish writer, comedian, broadcaster, actor, podcaster, TV presenter, and producer who is best known for hosting the TV quiz show QI (2016–Present), the radio quiz show The News Quiz (2006–2015), and co-presenting the TV show The Great British Bake Off (2017-2019). She has also written more than 20 plays, novels, and books for children.
Sandra Birgitte Toksvig
Wandsworth, London, England, United Kingdom
She holds dual nationality.
Sandi had attended the Tormead School, an academically selective, independent day school for girls in Guildford, Surrey. She had later studied law, archaeology, and anthropology at Girton College, Cambridge, from where she had graduated with a first-class degree and 2 prizes for outstanding achievement (The Raemakers and the Theresa Montefiore Awards).
Writer, Comedian, Broadcaster, Actor, Podcaster, TV Presenter, Producer
- Father – Claus Toksvig (Journalist, Broadcaster) (d. November 5, 1988)
- Mother – Julie Anne Toksvig (née Brett)
- Siblings – Nick Toksvig (Older Brother) (Journalist, News Editor), Jenifer Toksvig (Younger Sister) (Author, Lyricist, Playwright, Librettist)
- Others – Karen Frederikke Clausen-Kaas (Paternal Grandmother), Harald Toksvig (Paternal Grandfather) (Editor, Illustrator), Signe Toksvig (Paternal Great Aunt) (Writer) (d. 1983)
5 ft or 152.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sandi has dated –
- Alice Arnold
- Peta Stewart – Sandi, through her past marriage with Peta Stewart, has 3 children – 2 daughters named Megan Toksvig-Stewart (b. 1988) and Jessica Toksvig-Stewart (b. 1990), and a son named Theo Toksvig-Stewart (b. 1994). All 3 children were carried by Peta and were conceived through artificial insemination by donor Christopher Lloyd-Pack, the younger brother of actor Roger Lloyd-Pack. The couple had parted ways in 1997.
- Debbie Toksvig (2007-Present) – Sandi had joined a psychotherapist named Debbie in a civil partnership in 2007. They had renewed their vows on March 29, 2014, the very day that same-sex marriage was introduced in England and Wales. Their civil partnership was converted into a marriage in December 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Danish descent on her father’s side and British descent on her mother’s side.
- Stocky frame
- Side-parted, neck-length, wavy hair
- Radiant face
- Charming smile
Sandi Toksvig Facts
- Sandi’s first job, when she was 18, was a position as a spotlight operator for the musical Jesus Christ Superstar.
- In 1969, as an 11-year-old, she had accompanied her father, a leading Danish foreign affairs journalist, to the NASA Mission Control Center in Houston, Texas, at the time of the first Moon landing. She had later revealed that she had held the hand of Neil Armstrong’s secretary to calm her down during the final moments of the moon landing.
- In 1994, after the birth of her 3rd child, she had come out as a lesbian as she did not want her children to grow up embarrassed about having 2 mothers. At that time, there were hardly any lesbians in British public life and she was even warned by many of her friends and well-wishers that she might never work again in the entertainment industry after coming out. After her announcement, she and her family had even faced death threats and had to go into hiding.
- In 2015, she had co-founded the Women’s Equality Party, a feminist political party.
Featured Image by Sandi Toksvig / Instagram