|Sangeeta Bijlani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1960|
Sangeeta Bijlani is a former actress, model, blogger, and beauty pageant titleholder of Indian origin who won the Miss India beauty contest in 1980. On the other hand, Bijlani is also recognized for her appearance as Kiran Mathur in Qatil in 1988 and Natasha Tejani in Tridev in 1989.
Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sangeeta studied at St. Anne’s High School, Bandra.
Former Actress, Supermodel, Blogger, Beaty Pageant Titleholder
- Father – Motilal Pandey
- Mother – Poonam Bijlani (Fashion Designer)
- Siblings – Sunil Motilal Bijlani (Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sangeeta has dated –
- Salman Khan (1986) – Sangeeta started dating actor Salman Khan in 1986. However, she ended their relationship after he was caught cheating.
- Mohammad Azharuddin (1996-2010) – Bijlani tied the knot with Indian politician and former cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin on November 14, 1996, at Mumbai’s Taj Mahal Hotel. However, the couple legally parted ways in 2010, after rumors about Mohammad dating badminton player Jwala Gutta began to go viral. However, the speculations were denied by Gutta.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Sindhi Hindu descent.
- Her heart-shaped face
- Droopy cheekbones
Through her social media, Sangeeta has either endorsed or promoted various brands including QNT India.
She has also appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
Sangeeta Bijlani Facts
- She was born and brought up in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Sangeeta started her modeling career at the age of 16. It was during her modeling years that she earned the name ‘Bijli’.
- She is an ardent yoga practitioner.
- Sangeeta earned the title of Miss India in 1980. After that, she went on to represent her country at the Miss Universe pageant which was held in Seoul, South Korea. Though she failed to win the contest, Sangeeta won the Best National Costume preliminary rounds where she wore a dress designed by her mother Poonam Bijlani.
- She made her debut theatrical film appearance as Kiran Mathur in Qatil in 1980. From there, Sangeeta went on to star in various other films such as Tridev, Hathyar, Jurm, Yodha, Yugandhar, Izzat, and Lakshman Rekha.
- The Bollywood film Azhar, directed by Tony D’Souza was based on her relationship with her ex-husband and former Indian cricketer and politician Mohammad Azharuddin.
- Over the years, Bijlani has worked with various well-known directors and producers including Mahesh Bhatt, Mukul Anand, J.P. Dutta, Rahul Rawail, and N. Chandra.
- As a producer, she worked on the show Hasna Mat, with screenwriter and director Kader Khan which aired on Star Plus and Kinarey Milte Nahi on Zee TV.
Featured Image By Sangeeta Bijlani / Instagram