|Sanjeev Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1964|
Sanjeev Kapoor is an Indian chef, restaurateur, and TV personality who is best known for his iconic Indian cuisine-based TV show Khana Khazana (translates to Food/Culinary Treasure). The show ran from 1993 to September 2012, airing more than 600 episodes, and was the longest-running TV show of its kind in Asia. By 2010, it was being broadcast in about 120 countries. He is the owner of Food Food, a 24X7 food & lifestyle TV channel. When it was launched in January 2011, it made Sanjeev the first chef in the world to own a TV channel. He has also served as a co-judge of MasterChef India, the Indian version of the globally popular competitive cooking game show franchise MasterChef Australia, in the show’s 3rd and 4th seasons (2013 and 2015). He runs a very popular YouTube channel titled Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana where he shares his recipes and provides cooking masterclasses. The channel has amassed more than 7 million subscribers. He has served on the board of the international culinary panel of Singapore Airlines, the flag carrier airline of Singapore.
Ambala, Haryana, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sanjeev, after his high school graduation, joined the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology, & Applied Nutrition, Pusa, New Delhi (IHM Pusa), one of the 21 central IHMs set up by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India. He graduated from there with a diploma in hotel management in 1984.
Chef, Restaurateur, TV Personality
- Father – Surinder Kapoor (Former Employee of the State Bank of India, an Indian multinational public sector bank and financial services statutory body)
- Mother – Urmila Kapoor
- Siblings – Namrata Kapoor (Sister), Rajeev Kapoor (Brother) (Chartered Account)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sanjeev has dated –
- Alyona Kapoor (1992-Present) – Sanjeev got married to Alyona in 1992 and the couple has 2 daughters together named Kriti Kapoor and Rachita Kapoor. Alyona is also a key partner of his business venture, Turmeric Vision Pvt. Ltd. (TVPL).
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Cheerful smile
- Clean-shaven look
Sanjeev Kapoor Facts
- Sanjeev, born to a Punjabi family based in Ambala, spent his childhood in multiple cities across northern India.
- In 1992, he became the youngest person to have been appointed to the post of executive chef by the Centaur Hotel in Mumbai.
- For his hosting of the legendary TV show Khana Khazana, he was honored with the ‘Best Cookery Show’ award thrice (2002, 2004, 2010) by the ITA (Indian Television Academy). He also won an ITA Award in 2015 in the category of ‘Popular Chef & Entrepreneur’ for hosting Zaika-E-Hind. In 2021, he was inducted into the ‘ITA Hall of Fame’.
- In 2017, for his pioneering services to the culinary industry in the country, the Government of India honored him with the Padma Shri, the 4th highest civilian honor in the country.
- The same year, he was a part of the team that entered the Guinness Book of World Records by preparing 918 kilograms of khichdi (an Indian dish made of rice and lentils) at the World Food India Exhibition.
- The story of his life has been condensed into a case study titled Sanjeev Kapoor: The Recipe for Success by the Harvard Business School, the graduate business school of Harvard University, a private research university in Boston, Massachusetts.
Featured Image by Sanjeev Kapoor / Instagram