|Sanju Samson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 11, 1994|
Sanju Samson is an Indian Cricketer who hails from the state of Kerala and is known for being a prodigy batsman from Kerala who began his career at the age of just 13. He is a wicketkeeper-batsman who represents Kerala in the Ranji trophy and has represented teams like Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Daredevils, and Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League. Sanju was a part of the Indian squad for the limited-overs match in the India tour of England in 2014 and was also the vice-captain for the India U-19 team for the Top End Under-19 Series in Australia in 2013. He was also appointed as the vice-captain by BCCI for Under-19 Cricket World Cup in 2014. Sanju was praised by coach Abhay Sharma for his batting techniques and temperament and he also named him as “future of India”.
Sanju Viswanath Samson
Trivandrum, Kerala, India
Trivandrum, Kerala, India
He did his education from Rosary Senior Secondary School, Delhi and then from St. Joseph’s Higher Secondary School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. He completed his graduation from Mar Ivanios College, Trivandrum in Bachelors of Art.
- Father – Samson (Police Constable)
- Mother – Lily
- Siblings – Saly Samson (Younger Brother)
14 – T20I
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sanju has dated –
- Charulatha (2018-Present) – Charulatha and Sanju tied the knot in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Malayalam roots.
He has endorsed brands like –
- Lexus India
- Shrey Sports
- Custom Cricket Shoes
Sanju Samson Favorite Things
- Food – Kappa and Fish Curry, Homemade food
- Actor – Vijay
- Movies – Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013)
- Hobbies – Football
- Cricketer – AB de Villiers
Source – ChennaiMemes.in, Food Manorama, CricFit.com
Sanju Samson Facts
- He started playing cricket at a very young age.
- Sanju played cricket for the state U-13 team and also captained it while scoring a century on his debut.
- He played for Rajasthan Royals when he was 19 years old and was later retained due to his good performance for INR 4 crores.
- His father left his job as a police constable to support him in his career.
- He wanted to become an IPS Officer.
- In the 2013-14 season of the U-19 Asia Cup, he scored 87 runs in the finals against Pakistan.
- Sanju did not like fielding when he started playing cricket.
- He writes a diary and keeps a record of life.
- He made it to Kerala Ranji Team at the age of 15 but had a failed debut match where he scored only 3 runs.
- In the 2016 IPL, Sanju was sold to Delhi Daredevils for INR 4.2 crores.
- He won the Best Young Player Award for the 2013 IPL season.
- He scored 192 runs in 6 matches in the 2013 Champions League T20.
- In the 2013-14 Ranji trophy season, he was the leading run-scorer for Kerala with 530 runs in 6 matches.
- As of 2020, he was the youngest batsman to score 1000 runs in IPL.
- He made his T20I debut against Zimbabwe in 2015.
- He made his Champions League debut in 2013 against Mumbai Indians.
- Samson is one of the sportsmen to have emerged from Kerala as a cricketer whereas Kerala is more popular for Football.
- He is known for his shot selection.
- As of January 2020, he is the youngest player in the IPL and the Champions Trophy to score a half-century.
Featured Image by Sanju Samson / Instagram