|Sanna Marin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1985|
Sanna Marin is a Finnish politician who has served as the 46th Prime Minister of Finland since December 2019. She has more than 200k followers on Twitter, more than 400k followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Sanna Mirella Marin
Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland
Sanna attended Pirkkala High School and graduated in 2004.
She received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Administrative Science from the University of Tampere.
- Father – Lauri Marin
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sanna has dated –
- Markus Räikkönen – Marin is married to businessman Markus Räikkönen. She gave birth to a girl named Emma Amalia Marin on January 28, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Sanna Marin Facts
- Her appointment on December 10, 2019, made her the youngest Prime Minister of Finland at the age of 34. She took over from her predecessor Antti Rinne, who resigned after the 2019 postal strikes.
- Sanna also has other titles such as the ‘Youngest Female State Leader’ and the ‘Second-Youngest Serving State Leader’ as of 2020.
- She grew up in a same-s*x family. After her biological parents got divorced, Marin was raised by her mother and her female partner.
- She is a vegetarian.
- Before her prime ministerial role, she served as the Minister of Transport and Communications from June to December 2019.
- Her coalition government is formed with 5 different parties which are all led by women. Apart from her Social Democratic Party, the others are Katri Kulmuni of the Centre Party, Maria Ohisalo of the Green League, Li Andersson of the Left Alliance, and Anna-Maja Henriksson of the Swedish People’s Party.
Featured Image by Laura Kotila / Wikimedia / CC BY 4.0