|Sara Martins Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|August 19, 1977
Sara Martins is a Portuguese actress who has gained a name for herself working primarily in French films, theatre, and TV shows. She is most well known for her portrayal of Detective Sergeant Camille Bordey in the British-French crime comedy-drama TV series Death in Paradise.
Faro, Algarve, Portugal
After her high school graduation, Sara received her Baccalauréat with a theater option. She went on to achieve a DEUG (diploma) in Law, and at the age of 20, she studied at the École de théâtre Les Enfants Terribles in Paris. Then, she completed an acting degree from the prestigious Conservatoire National Supérieur D’art Dramatique (CNSAD), France’s National Drama Academy, in Paris.
She is represented by –
- Agence Adequat, Celebrity Talent Management Agency, Paris, France
- Curtis Brown, Literary and Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Cape Verdean descent.
- Husky Voice
- Shoulder-length, curly hair
- Charming smile
- Petite frame
- Plump lips
- Has a mole near her nose
Sara Martins Facts
- Born in Portugal, Sara’s family moved to France at the age of 3. Hence, she became fluent in Portuguese, French, and English.
- As a youngster, she trained in ballet dancing and became the first person of African descent to participate in the Lyon Opera. Her aim of advancing to the Paris Opera, however, could not be fulfilled as the corps there were expected to look alike and the troupe there did not have any other black dancers.
- She won the ‘Best Young Actress’ award at the 2003 Luchon International Film Festival for her work in the TV movie Par Amour.
- While shooting for an episode in the first series of Death in Paradise, Sara had a freak accident at the sets and tore her Achilles tendon.
Featured Image by Sara Martins / Instagram