|Scott Caan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1976|
Scott Caan is an American actor, writer, director, photographer, and rapper who is best known for playing characters like Detective Danny “Danno” Williams in Hawaii Five-0 and manager Scott Lavin in Entourage. He was also part of a rap duo called The Whooliganz along with producer and rapper The Alchemist in the late 80s.
Scott Andrew Caan
Los Angeles, California, United States
Scott attended the Beverly Hills High School. He later attended the Playhouse West acting school.
Actor, Writer, Director, Photographer, Rapper
- Father – James Caan (Actor) (Died in 2022)
- Mother – Sheila Marie Ryan (Actress, Former Model)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Tara Caan (Older Half-Sister), Alexander James Caan (Younger Half-Brother), Jacob Nicholas Caan (Younger Half-Brother), and James Arthur Caan (Younger Half-Brother), Ronnie Caan (Uncle), Arthur Caan (Paternal Grandfather), Sophie Falkenstein (Paternal Grandmother)
Scott is represented by ICM Partners.
Hip Hop, West Coast Hip-Hop
Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Scott has dated –
- Izabella Miko – Scott was romantically involved with Polish actress Izabella Miko in the past.
- Kimberly Stewart (2005-2006) – He began dating American actress Kimberly Stewart in 2005. The relationship, however, ended a year later in 2006.
- Kacy Byxbee (2011-Present) – Scott has been in a long distance relationship with Kacy Byxbee. It was announced in 2014 that the couple was expecting their first child together and their daughter Josie James was born in July 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his father’s side and Irish ancestry on his mother’s side.
Scott had a Jewish father.
However, his religious views are unknown.
Best Known For
- Playing the character of Detective Danny “Danno” Williams in Hawaii Five-0, for which he got his first Golden Globe nomination and playing manager Scott Lavin in the HBO’s series Entourage (2009-2011)
- Being the part of the rap duo the Whooliganz along with producer and rapper The Alchemist in the late 80s
As a Rapper
Scott recorded his first album Make Way for the W as part of the Whooliganz and its first single Put Your Handz Up, produced by DJ Lethal was released in 1993. But as the audio and the video of the track did not receive much success, so, the label decided not to release the rest of the album.
However, another of their single Whooliganz was released in 1995 in the UK via Positiva/EMI Records but the duo had parted ways till then.
Scott made his feature film debut in the film A Boy Called Hate as Hate in 1995.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut on Gomorron as Himself – Om Filmen in 2000.
As per his Instagram post, Scott seems to work out on a regular basis. He mostly does weightlifting and pushups.
Scott Caan Facts
- He worked as the road crew for rap groups such as Cypress Hill and House of Pain.
- In his teenage, he became one-half of the hip-hop rap duo known as the Whooliganz along with producer and rapper The Alchemist.
- He took up the stage name of “Mad Skillz” while performing as The Whooliganz.
- After parting ways with his groupmate, he began his acting career in the late 1990s.
- Apart from acting, he is also an avid photographer. His interest in photography began when he was directing his debut film and his cinematographer Phil Parmet introduced him to few techniques of photography.
- His father gave him the Nikon FE camera that the famous director Francis Ford Coppola had gifted him.
- Scott is also trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He, in fact, holds a black belt in the same.
- He also went to the same school at the same time with Angelina Jolie.
- On July 6, 2022, Scott’s father James Caan passed away at the age of 82 due to a heart attack and coronary artery disease.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by cbs / www.measurements.me / CC BY-SA 4.0