|Scotty McCreery Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 9, 1993|
Scotty McCreery is an American country music singer and television personality who rose to fame as he won the 10th season of American Idol, the popular singing reality competition television series, on May 25, 2011. Since then, he has released several albums, tracks, and extended plays such as Christmas with Scotty McCreery, Five More Minutes, Seasons Change, Clear as Day, The Trouble with Girls, I Love You This Big, In Between, Southern Belle, and Feelin’ It. Moreover, he was also honored with the Order of the Long Leaf Pine, the highest civilian award given by the State of North Carolina, in 2017.
Scott Cooke McCreery
Mac Scotty, McHotty Scotty
Garner, North Carolina, United States
Scott took education from –
- Timber Drive Elementary School
- West Lake Middle School in Apex
- Garner Magnet High School
He graduated from high school in 2012 and subsequently got admission at the North Carolina State University to complete a bachelor’s degree in communications.
Singer, TV Personality
- Father – Michael McCreery (Manufacturing Systems Analyst)
- Mother – Judy McCreery (née Cooke) (Real Estate Agent and Tanning Salon Owner)
- Siblings – Ashley McCreery (Older Sister) (Studied at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte)
- Others – William James McCreery II (Paternal Grandfather) (US Army Veteran), Paquita Rivera Rotger (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Perry Cooke (Maternal Grandfather), Janet Hunter (Maternal Grandmother)
Scotty McCreery is represented by Essential Broadcast Media, LLC, Public Relations Agency, Nashville, Tennessee, United States.
Vocals, guitar, piano
Interscope Records, Universal Music Group Nashville, 19 Recordings, Mercury Nashville
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Scott has dated –
- Gabi Dugal – In his autobiography, Scotty finally opened up about his long-term girlfriend Gabi. He had known her since kindergarten and they started going out when he was 17 years old. After he found fame with American Idol, he decided to keep his relationship low to protect it from public scrutiny. However, being a private person, he decided against revealing too much about their relationship in his book as well. In May 2016, he even took time out of his grueling work schedule to attend her graduation from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she was studying to become a pediatric nurse. The duo got engaged in September 2017 and then got married in North Carolina on June 16, 2018.
- Lauren Alaina (2011) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
Through his paternal grandmother, he has Puerto Rican ancestry. Overall, he also has English, Scottish and Irish ancestry.
- Sparkling blue eyes
- Deep baritone voice
Scotty has appeared in a TV commercial for the Bojangles’ Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits.
Best Known For
- The commercial success of his albums, Clear as Day, which was certified Platinum in the US
- Hits songs like See You Tonight, I Love You This Big, etc.
In October 2011, he released his debut studio album, Clear as Day which peaked at #1 on Billboard 200.
First TV Show
In 2011, he was first seen on the singing reality show American Idol as himself.
Scotty’s background in sports while studying in school has given him a solid foundation for a healthy and fit lifestyle. He has built on that foundation by regularly hitting the gym. He usually prefers to hit the gym in the morning but in case he is busy, he doesn’t mind shifting it around.
He also likes to go out on an occasional run. Scotty also made a change to his lifestyle by going for healthier alternatives. For example, he has bumped regular Cheezits for reduced-fat Cheezits as his preferred snacking choice.
Scotty McCreery Favorite Things
- Junk Foods – Cookie Dough and Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- Fruits and Veggies – Bananas, apples, strawberries, broccoli
- Country Song – Eric Church (By Bruce Springsteen)
- Pop Song – Call Me Maybe (By Carly Rae Jepsen)
- Artists To Cover – George Strait, Travis Tritt, and Elvis Presley
- Dream Duet – Garth Brooks
- Dream Vacation Spot – Australia
- Sports – Golf
- Sports To Watch – Football
- Greatest Musical Influence – Elvis Presley
- MLB Team – Boston Red Sox
Source – CMT.com, iHeart, Wikipedia
Scotty McCreery Facts
- He was a pitcher on his high school team and loves to watch baseball. Even, if he is on tour, he schedules a ten-day break for the March madness and often heads to Dayton for a game.
- If he hadn’t made it as a singer, he would have loved to become a baseball professional.
- He was raised in the church and has a lot of faith in his religion. During his American Idol run, apart from wearing his famous cross, he also wore a bracelet on which ‘I am second’ phrase was etched in reference to God being first in his life.
- In his interview, he revealed that his first musical experience came at the age of 1 when he hummed a tune while visiting a dentist.
- His grandmother gifted him a book about Elvis Presley at the age of around 5 or 6. He considers that book as one of his earliest musical inspirations.
- In his freshman year at the high school, he sang tenor in the high school chorus. The same year he was declared rookie of the year.
- When he was in his sophomore year in high school, he decided to sing bass and also started singing in Church.
- After winning a local singing contest in Clayton, North Carolina, he performed at a number of local shows with the radio station to raise funds for the sick children.
- When he went for American Idol auditions, he was working at a grocery chain store, Lowes Food as a bagger.
- When he won the 10th season of the American Idol in March 2011, he became the first contestant of Hispanic descent to win the competition.
- He has actively participated in Operation Christmas Child, which was a program that worked to donate toys to impoverished children all over the world.
- In February 2014, he was made the national goodwill ambassador for the 12.14 Foundation, which aims to support the people of Newtown, Connecticut. In December 2014, he even performed at the benefit concert, raising about $60,000 for the foundation.
- He once said, “You gotta *be* country music – you can’t just sing it.”
- He is a sports enthusiast and supports teams like the Carolina Hurricanes, Boston Red Sox, and New England Patriots. He also sang the National Anthem of the United States before the Patriots AFC divisional game on January 16, 2016.
- In May 2016, he published his autobiography, Go Big or Go Home: The Journey Toward the Dream, in which he touched upon his rise to fame.
- On March 16, 2018, he released his 4th studio album, Seasons Change, which was ranked at number #1 on the US Top Country Albums (Billboard) chart and was certified ‘Gold’ by the United States (RIAA).
- Visit his official website @ scottymccreery.com.