|Anthony Padilla Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|September 16, 1987
Anthony Padilla is an American YouTuber known for his self-titled YouTube channel where he has more than 3 million subscribers. He was earlier part of the YouTube comedy sketch, Smosh. He also has a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 3 million followers on Twitter, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Daniel Anthony Padilla
Sacramento County, California, United States
Anthony Padilla went to the Del Campo High School in Fair Oaks, California. After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the American River College in Sacramento. However, he dropped out of high school after 2 years.
- Father – Dan Padilla
- Mother – Leezah Padilla
- Siblings – Matthew Worrel (Half-Brother), Brandon (Half-Brother)
- Others – Ceanne Miller (Maternal Cousin), Hayden McDougall (Cousin), Sadie Scott (Cousin)
Anthony Padilla handles his representation work on his own.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony Padilla has dated –
- Kalel Cullen (2010-2014) – Anthony officially started dating fellow YouTuber Kalel Cullen in October 2010. After having dated for 3 years, they got engaged in June 2013. However, they weren’t able to take the next step as they decided to separate in December 2014. It was claimed that the decision was mutual and they remained on good terms. They even collaborated for a couple of videos. However, their equation later turned sour as he accused her of being manipulative and destroying his confidence during their relationship. She hit back in a series of tweets, which sparked a huge social media argument.
- Miel Bredouw (2015-2019) – In the summer of 2015, Padilla started dating social media star Miel Bredouw. However, stung by his previous experience and the negative effect of social media on his relationship with Kalel, he decided to keep his relationship private. He made their relationship public in September 2017 with a YouTube video. Their split news became public knowledge in September 2019.
- Glam&Gore (2019-Present) – In September 2019, Anthony started dating special effects makeup artist, Mykie (aka Glam&Gore).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Spanish and Filipino ancestry on his father’s side and German ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Heavy jawline
- Prominent nose
Anthony Padilla has used his strong social media reach to promote a number of products and brands.
Best Known For
- Having been one half of the YouTube comedy sketch show known as Smosh. Their official YouTube channel has more than 22 million subscribers on YouTube. He left Smosh in June 2017.
- His popularity on his self-titled YouTube channel, where he has more than 3 million subscribers.
- His strong presence on various social media platforms including Instagram on which he has more than 3 million followers and Twitter where he has more than 3 million followers.
In 2010, he made his theatrical film debut in a supporting role in the sci-fi movie, Sacrifice.
First TV Show
In 2011, Anthony Padilla made his first TV show appearance on Ridiculousness.
Anthony Padilla Favorite Things
- Teenage Band – Underoath
- Guilty Pleasure – Graphic novels, Comic books
- Foods – Taquitos, Churros, Celeries, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Burritos, Egg Rolls, Rainbow Lollipops, Rock Candies, Chocolate-Coated Bananas, Giant Gummy Snakes, Vegan Pink-Frosted Sprinkled Donuts
- Movies – Toy Story franchise
Source – Wikia
Anthony Padilla Facts
- In 2013, it was falsely rumored on the social media that he had died in a car accident. The similar rumor went viral in 2015 also.
- After he was hit with a tennis racket by Ian Hecox, he suffered from a deviated septum, which means that he had nostrils of two different sizes. In December 2013, he had to undergo surgery to correct the condition.
- He studied with Ian Hecox in Del Campo High School and had been good friends since then.
- In 2013, he started eating vegan food and by the start of 2014, he fully switched to the vegan diet due to health reasons.
- In June 2017, he announced in a YouTube video that he had decided to leave Smosh because he felt that it had become a brand owned entity and he felt that his creativity was filtered and stifled by the brand.
- He has been diagnosed with Bruxism, which in common language translates to grinding teeth in sleep. Because of this condition, he has to wear a mouthguard when he is sleeping.
- He has suffered from panic attacks in the past. His mother also used to suffer from panic attacks and he feels that he inherited this condition from her. However, he has almost cured his condition by eating healthier.
- At the age of 15, he was diagnosed with Henoch-Schonlein Purpura, which usually results in inflammation of small blood vessels. He was left bedridden for four months. During his 4 months bed rest, he learned to code and create a chat forum for his friends. He named his chat forum smosh.com. He later developed several Flash animations.
- The name of his website and his later comedy group came from an incident in which he misunderstood mosh pit as smosh pit.
- He and Hecox started creating and uploading comedy videos on YouTube in 2005. In those early days, they made videos of them lip-syncing the theme songs of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, and Mortal Kombat.
- While studying in high school, he used to play tennis but later gave it up.
Featured Image by Anthony Padilla / Instagram