|Sebastian Gorka Quick Info
|6 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|October 22, 1970
Sebastian Gorka is a British-born Hungarian-American media host, commentator, former government official, and author who served briefly in the Trump administration as a Deputy Assistant to the President for seven months, from January 2017 until his termination on August 25, 2017.
Sebestyén Lukács Gorka
London, England, United Kingdom
Sebastian Gorka studied at St Benedict’s School, a British co-educational independent Roman Catholic day school situated in Ealing, West London. He then completed a lower second-class honors (2:2) B.A. degree in philosophy and theology from Heythrop College, a constituent college of the University of London.
Later on, he attended the Budapest University of Economic Sciences and Public Administration (later known as the Corvinus University) and pursued a master’s degree in international relations and diplomacy. Additionally, he was a Partnership for Peace International research fellow at the NATO Defense College in Rome in 1997. He joined the political science doctoral program at Corvinus University in 2002 and eventually earned his Ph.D. degree in 2007.
Media Host, Commentator, Former Government Official, Author
- Father – Pál Gorka
- Mother – Zsuzsa Gorka
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sebastian Gorka has dated –
- Katharine Fairfax Cornell (1996-Present) – On July 6, 1996, he tied the knot with Pennsylvania native Katharine Fairfax Cornell in St. Michael’s Roman Catholic Church, Sopron, Hungary. The duo has been blessed with 2 children – a daughter named Julia and a son named Paul. In the year 2003, Katharine and Sebastian Gorka founded the Institute for Transitional Democracy and International Security in Budapest, Hungary.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Wears Glasses
- Towering height
Along with Pete Talbott and Seth Talbott, Sebastian Gorka was cast in a TV commercial for Relief Factor joint relief supplement in 2019.
Sebastian Gorka Facts
- Following the failed anti-Soviet 1956 uprising, his parents fled from Hungary to the United Kingdom and became naturalized British citizens on February 25, 1963.
- He served as an adviser to Hungarian lawyer and politician Viktor Orbán in 1998.
- From 2017 to 2019, Sebastian Gorka was a Fox News contributor.
- He started hosting America First with Sebastian Gorka on January 1, 2019.
- For repeated violations of YouTube’s policy on spreading misinformation related to the 2020 presidential election, he was permanently banned from the platform in April 2021.
- Sebastian Gorka started hosting The Gorka Reality Check on NewsMax TV in 2021.
- His views on Islam have been described as Islamophobic by many scholars, journalists, and other U.S. officials and he has also been considered a part of the counter-jihad movement.
- On January 31, 2016, Sebastian Gorka was detained at the Ronald Reagan Airport in Washington D.C. for attempting to board a plane with a 9 mm handgun in his luggage. The gun was confiscated by Transportation Security Administration officers and Gorka was issued with a criminal summons before being permitted to board the plane. Later on, he stated that while packing the carry-on bag, he forgot that it contained a gun. On February 3, 2017, the charges were dismissed by a judge as Gorka had stayed out of legal trouble for six months, in an arrangement agreed with the prosecutor.
- It was reported by BuzzFeed News and Hungarian website 444.hu in January 2018 that Hungarian police had issued an arrest warrant for Gorka for “firearm or ammunition abuse” on September 17, 2016. Additionally, it was reported that the warrant had been in effect for the entire period of Gorka’s service at the White House during the Trump administration. Sebastian Gorka denied the reports and told Newsweek that he would contact Hungarian authorities for clarification. Subsequently, by mid-February of that year, the arrest warrant had been removed from the website.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0 DEED