|Shai Hope Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shai Hope is a well-known Bajan professional cricketer who is best known for his contribution as a wicketkeeper-batsman to the West Indies national cricket team. Besides that, he is also the younger brother of cricketer Kyle Antonio Hope. With time, Shai has amassed a huge fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Shai Diego Hope
Saint Michael, Barbados
Shai attended the Bedes Senior School in East Sussex, England.
- Father – Ian Hope
- Mother – Quinta Hope
- Siblings – Kyle Hope (Older Brother) (Cricketer)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a boxed beard
- Tall physique
- Short afro hairstyle
Through his social media, Shai has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as –
- Sareen Sports Industries
Shai Hope Favorite Things
- Test Match Memory – When he played against Pakistan in Barbados
Source – YouTube
Shai Hope Facts
- He inherited his knack for cricket from his parents who were both involved in sports. His father Ian was a club cricketer, whereas, his mother also played cricket as well as netball.
- Growing up, he and his brother would rush back from school early and go out to play just about any kind of sport to keep themselves active.
- Shai’s older brother Kyle Hope also played cricket professionally for Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago in West Indian domestic cricket.
- At Bedes Senior School, he was trained by the former captain of Sussex, Alan Wells.
- Shai garnered attention with his double century for Barbados against Windward Isles. It was also the only double-hundred of the tournament at the 2014–15 “Regional Four Day Competition”.
- On May 1, 2015, Shai played his first Test format against the England national cricket team. The following year, in August, he was called out to be part of the West Indies team against India.
- He played his first One Day International against Sri Lanka during the 2nd match of the tri-series.
- In an ODI match against Zimbabwe, he contributed a total of 101 runs to the chase of 257 runs, hence, helping his team tie the match. This made it the first ODI tie between the 2 teams and the 34th ODI tied the match.
- He and his fellow Barbadian teammate Kraigg Brathwaite put an astounding partnership score of 246 runs against England at the 2nd test match that was held on August 25, 2017.
- During the 2017 tournament of the “Regional Super50”, he won the man of the match title during the semi-finals and the finals.
- At the June 2018, Cricket West Indies Awards, Shai won the “Men’s Cricketer of the Year”, “Test Cricketer of the Year,” and the “ODI Cricketer of the Year.” Whereas in 2019, he was presented with the award for the “ODI Player of the Year.”
- He was chosen to play in the 2019–20 “Bangladesh Premier League” for the Rangpur Rangers in November 2019.
- In December 2022, Shai was nominated for ICC men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year 2022.
Featured Image By Shai Hope / Instagram