|Shalom Harlow Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1973|
Shalom Harlow is a Canadian supermodel and actress who has worked with many established names of the fashion industry including Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Salvatore Ferragamo, and Versace. Apart from that, she has also branched out as an actress and has been cast in projects such as How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Head Over Heels, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Melinda and Melinda, Happy Here and Now, and I Love Your Work.
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Father – David Harlow (Social Worker, Real Estate Agent, Financial Investor)
- Mother – Sandi Herbert (Worked with developmentally disabled adults)
- Siblings – Chris Harlow (Younger Brother), Nathan Harlow (Younger Brother)
Shalom Harlow is represented by –
- The Lions – New York
- SAFE Mgmt – Paris
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shalom Harlow has dated –
- Johnny Zander
- James Gooding
- Terry Richardson (1999-2003)
- Peter Sarsgaard (2001)
Race / Ethnicity
- High cheekbones
- Toned physique
11 (US) or 8.5 (UK) or 41.5 (EU)
She has done endorsement work for brands like Yves Saint Laurent, Dior, Alberta Ferretti, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Max Mara, DKNY, Ralph Lauren, Anne Klein, Versace, Jil Sander, Ann Taylor, Chloé, Isaac Mizrahi, Blumarine, Max Azria, Giorgio Armani, Nautica, Valentino, Nars, Jil Sander, Lancôme, Perry Ellis, Saks Fifth Avenue, Banana Republic, Gap, and L’Oréal.
Shalom Harlow Facts
- Her first name means “peace” or “Hello” in Hebrew.
- Growing up, Shalom Harlow took up ballet but later realized that the art form was not for her and has mentioned in a New York Times article that “My rebellious nature always comes out.” Afterward, she got inclined towards tap dancing.
- It was during a concert by The Cure in Toronto that she was discovered.
- As soon as she finished high school, she started modeling.
- Shalom Harlow made her fashion show debut at the Comme des Garçons Spring 1992 Show.
- In 1995, she became the first person to win the Vogue/VH1’s Model of the Year Award.
- Over the years, she has walked the ramps for many popular brands and designers including Prada, Chanel, Christian Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, John Galliano, Anna Sui, Moschino, Gianfranco Ferré, Fendi, Karl Lagerfeld, Versace, Calvin Klein, Givenchy, Balmain, Max Mara, Chloé, Blumarine, Isaac Mizrahi, Hermés, Valentino, Dries Van Noten, Yves Saint Laurent, Alberta Ferretti, Gucci, Jil Sander, Celine, Marc Jacobs, Salvatore Ferragamo, Alexander McQueen, Louis Vuitton, Zac Posen, Jean Paul Gaultier, Giles Deacon, Stella McCartney, Alexander Wang, Michael Kors, and Viktor & Rolf.
- A Nars lipgloss has been named after her.
- Shalom Harlow has graced the covers of magazines like Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, W, V, Cosmopolitan, and Allure.
Featured Image by David Miller / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0