|Shantanu Naidu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Year of Birth||1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shantanu Naidu is an Indian author and entrepreneur who made headlines in 2021 for striking an unlikely friendship and being the ‘millennial friend’ of the veteran businessman and philanthropist, Ratan Tata.
He studied at Savitribai Phule Pune University and graduated with a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineer) degree in 2014.
From 2016 to 2018, he attended Cornell University, which is also the alma mater of Ratan Tata, and earned his MBA degree.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Shantanu Naidu Facts
- He is an avid animal lover.
- Shantanu is the 5th generation in his family to work for the Tata Group of companies.
- In 2015, he founded a stray dog startup called MotoPaws which manufactures glow-in-the-dark collars for street dogs to prevent them from being hit by speeding cars. As of 2022, MotoPaws is active in more than 20 Indian cities and over 4 countries.
- Ratan Tata surprised Shantanu by flying in to attend his graduation ceremony at Cornell University in 2018.
- In January 2021, he published his memoir titled I Came Upon a Lighthouse: A Short Memoir of Life with Ratan Tata.
- In 2022, Shantanu spoke out against the contentious 18 hour work day debate by stating that ‘work is something that we do not who we are’. Furthermore, he denounced the hustle culture and advocated for a work-life balance.
- He launched the startup Goodfellows in 2022, with funding from Ratan Tata, to help establish intergenerational friendships between lonely senior citizens and youngsters in the age group of 18 to 30.
- During the COVID-19 lockdown, Shantanu started a weekly webinar titled “On Your Sparks” on his Instagram handle to share his entrepreneurial insights with aspiring millennials.
- He refers to Mr. Tata as the ‘Millennial Dumbledore’.
Featured Image by Shantaa_nu / Instagram