|Shaun T. Fitness Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1978|
Shaun T. Fitness is an American fitness expert, speaker, motivator, fitness trainer, businessman, TV personality, and choreographer who is best known for his famous home fitness programs intended for both adults and children. Some of his most popular home fitness programs include T25, Insanity, and Hip-Hop Abs. He does a lot of work relevant to fitness and health, and, he has also become one of the most in-demand fitness trainers with a huge growing social media followers and a namesake personal website where he shares his programs, offers his services, posts his events, and sells his health and fitness products.
Before his name started to make rounds as one famous fitness expert, he was first a health and fitness specialist who worked as a personal trainer and health program manager at Wyeth, a large pharmaceutical company in Philadelphia. He had also worked at various fitness chains including Equinox Fitness headquartered in New York, United States. At 21, he was also in pursuance for dancing and became an aerobics teacher at the time. Teaching aerobics class was required when he was still taking up his Sports Science degree. After he graduated from Rowan University, he relocated to Los Angeles and landed a job as a dancer, choreographer, and trainer.
Camden, New Jersey, United States
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
He grew up in Philadelphia where he attended Deptford Township High School. He went to Rowan University for his tertiary education and took up a degree in sports sciences as well as minored in theatre and dance.
Physical Fitness Expert, Businessman, Choreographer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Shaun T. Fitness is represented by –
- Lowell Taub (Agent, New York, United States)
- Lisa Sorensen (Public Relations, New Jersey, United States)
- Hillary H. Hughes, Esq. (Legal, New York, United States)
6 ft or 183 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shaun T. Fitness has dated –
- Scott Blokker (2012-Present) – Shaun is married to soccer player Scott Blokker. He has been openly gay since coming out on October 2012 via Twitter. From there, he has since become more open about his relationship with Blokker and the two are also proud parents to their twin sons named Sander and Silas who were born on November 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned Physique
- Long U-Shaped Bearded Jawline
- Round Face
He has endorsed brands such as –
- Beach Body
- Teami Blends
Best Known For
His efficient and easy-to-follow fitness programs intended for both adults and children. Three of his most popular fitness programs are T25, Insanity, and Hip-Hop Abs.
In 2006, he made his theatrical film debut as Ensemble in The Ten Commandments: The Musical.
First TV Show
In 2008, Thompson made his first TV show appearance as “Himself” in an episode of the mega-popular comedy talk show Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show with show creator Ellen DeGeneres.
Shaun T. Fitness is an absolute goal-digger when it comes to keeping his body both fit and healthy. Given the fact that he’s a fitness expert, who trains and motivates individuals to achieve the shape they’ve been rooting for while also making sure health is still on the priority list, Shaun probably has every knowledge on how to be in shape while living a healthy lifestyle at the same time. By the looks of his Instagram, he seems to work out a lot and eats the right food his body needs to be fit and in shape. On the side note, he also seems to be very focused on making sure his diet plans are intact despite the busy schedules lined-up for him, knowing that he’s not just a fitness trainer but also a businessman.
Looking at his main fitness website, a bunch of amazing fitness videos and tutorials are in the rolls and 3 of his most-recognized programs on-site were INSANITY, FOCUS T25, and HIP HOP ABS, which have all tackled about Shaun T.’s workout parameters. A report published in October 2015 had also revealed a few details about Shaun’s “Weight-loss” tips and healthy diet plans. Evidently, his muscular and toned physique wasn’t built by just doing immense exercise alone. It is paired with self-discipline and efforts to religiously follow a nutritious diet off his checklist.
Shaun T.’s Weight-loss Tips
- Sweet Potatoes – Post-workout snack (low in glycemic index, rich in fiber which controls the appetite after exercise)
- Whole Eggs – Part of his weekly diet (yellow yolk contains a fat-fighting nutrient called choline)
- Honeydew Melon – To keep away his water weight (this fruit contains Cucumis melo which helps fight the water retention)
- Spaghetti Squash – A dose of vegetable in his diet plan is important (he pairs it with homemade spaghetti sauce)
- Grass-Fed Beef – A slice of lean meat which has fewer calories than conventional meat (contains higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which reduces the risk of heart disease and metabolism-slowing inflammation)
- Berries – Sweet cravings satisfied (it contains a ton of antioxidants that help slow down the aging process)
- Deveined Shrimps – This is one of his go-to proteins (great source of lean, low-calorie proteins)
- Acorn Squash – One of Shaun T.’s fall favorites (it contains 30% of the daily vitamin C the body needs and it also has been shown to fight stress hormones and boost weight-loss effects through exercise, as per Arizona State University researchers)
- Brussels Sprouts – Part of his diet plan (it’s rich in Vitamin C)
- Staying Hydrated
- Chicken – One of his favorite meats (helps him maintain his abs)
- Cashew Nuts – His energy-boosting snacks (filled with healthy fats and carbs)
- Avocados – He’s an avocado lover (great food during breakfasts, it powers up the brain)
- Kale – Best used as toppings for salads (it increases health benefits of the meal)
- Sushi – Shaun T.’s kind of cheat meal
- Fresh Tuna – His healthy option when eating out (light, healthy, and filled with protein)
Shaun T. Fitness Favorite Things
- Food – French Fries
- Athlete – Serena Williams
- Cars – His car Tesla
- Coffee – BulletProof
Shaun T. Fitness Facts
- His grandfather is his greatest inspiration.
- A must-have in his refrigerator at all times is BulletProof coffee.
- He’s a morning person.
- He landed his first professional job as a dancer for American pop superstar Mariah Carey.
- Before his career became fully-established, he already had an interest in fitness which first came into his realizations after he gained 50 pounds during his freshman year in college.
- He had also enjoyed playing football, running track, and baseball as a student.
- Visit his official website @ shauntfitness.com.
- Connect with Shaun T. Fitness on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Moodyan1998 / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-4.0