|Sheff G Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1998|
Sheff G is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who shot to fame with his single No Suburban (2017) which was a reaction to the song Suburban (2016) by 22Gz, his number having gone viral garnering more than 500k views in less than 2 weeks after he dropped it on YouTube. Credited as one of the pioneers of the Brooklyn Drill music movement, he gained further popularity by releasing several tracks including Play for the Members” (2018), a number of mixtapes like Unluccy Kid (2019), and numerous albums such as One and Only (2020).
New York City, New York, United States
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
He is represented by Winners Circle Entertainment and was previously managed by retired NFL football player, Junior Galette’s NuLa Entertainment.
Hip Hop, Brooklyn Drill
- Winners Circle Entertainment
- RCA Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Kyla Lauren – He has been in a relationship with Kyla Lauren.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Trinidadian descent on his mother’s side of the family and of Haitian descent on his father’s side.
- Cheerful smile
- Tattoos on his body
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Gucci.
Sheff G Favorite Things
- Go-To Bodega Order – Bacon, egg, and cheese on a roll with ketchup and mayonnaise and watermelon juice as the beverage
- Australian Drill Group – One Four
- Influence And Source Of Inspiration To Rap – 50 Cent, The Notorious B.I.G. and Chicago drill rappers such as Lil Bibby
Sheff G Facts
- He was brought up in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn in New York.
- Sheff G has recalled that while growing up, he being of Caribbean origin, his family would have Soca music on but his cousins had been in tune with the Brooklyn and New York music and so would be listening to artists like The Notorious B.I.G. and 50 Cent. So, there always used to be a variety of music around.
- His single No Suburban 2 (2020) had gone viral with more than 20 million streams.
- In August 2020, Sheff G along with his rap collaborator Sleepy Hallow through Winners Circle Entertainment had signed a partnership deal with RCA. He has disclosed that when he and Sleepy are in the studio together, they have a lot of fun, and either he has started off a track that Sleepy will hear and jump on, or Sleepy has started it off with him pulling up on it.
- Sheff G has affirmed that he has been proud of how Brooklyn has found a distinctive sound with its own version of drill music and has been grateful that he has been hailed as one of the vanguards of the movement that brought it about. He has gone on to point out that it started from Chicago due to artists like Chief Keef and G Herbo, and so it really came over to New York as a result of tuning in to YouTube and the drill producers giving the freedom to go and pull those beats and use them.
- His 2020 single No Suburban, Pt. 2 went viral with more than 21 million streams. It was also certified ‘Gold’ by RIAA in 2022.
- In 2020, he teamed up with Sleepy Hallow for a new single titled Tip Toe, which was certified ‘Gold’ by RIAA.
- In December 2020, Sheff released a new mixtape titled Proud Of Me Now.
- In June 2021, Sheff G was arrested in New York City for second-degree gun possession. He pleaded guilty in October 2021 and was later sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- In July 2022, he released a new album titled From the Can.
Featured Image by Sheff G / Instagram