|Shenae Grimes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1989|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Shenae Grimes is a Canadian actor and director who is known for playing Darcy Edwards in the teen drama television series Degrassi: The Next Generation, Annie Wilson in the teen drama television series 90210, Jacqueline “Jack” Cooper in the television police procedural drama series The Detail, and Arden Alcott in the teen comedy-drama show Naturally, Sadie. In addition to that, she has also been cast in several movies which include Scream 4, Dead Like Me: Life After Death, Blood Honey, The Cross Road, Empire State, The Rake, Shania: A Life in Eight Albums, True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet, Picture This, The Hazing Secret, Sandra Brown’s White Hot, The Mechanics of Love, Newlywed and Dead, and Date with Love.
Shenae Sonya Grimes
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Shenae attended Forest Hill Public School for elementary. She interned at Toronto’s Fashion Television as part of her high school education. She attended City Academy for her last two years of high school.
- Others – Frank Grimes (Paternal Grandfather), Julia (Paternal Grandmother)
Shenae Grimes has been represented by Amanda Rosenthal Talent Agency, Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Her net worth has been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shenae Grimes has dated –
- Adam Gregory (2008) – Adam and Shenae were rumored to be dating after they first met during their 2008 TV show “90210”. But, it seemed that an off-screen romance was never wanted. She said that “It is really hard to kiss a boy who is, in fact, prettier than ladies”.
- Ethan Rapoport-Cole (2009) – Shenae dated Ethan in 2009. This relationship didn’t go far and it broke in September 2009, as she had to leave Canada and move to Los Angeles after her success in the TV series 90210.
- Josh Groban (September 2010) (see pic) – After 1 year of her break up with Ethan, Shenae briefly dated American musician, Josh Groban, who is 8 years older than her.
- Brendan Fallis (May 2011-August 2011) – Canadian DJ, Fallis had a fling with Shenae in 2011.
- Josh Beech (2012-Present) – English model and musician started dating Grimes in July 2012 and the couple got engaged in December 2012. On May 10, 2013, the duo married. They have a daughter named Bowie Scarlett Beech (b. September 27, 2018). In February 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together. They welcomed a son named Kingsley Taylor Beech on August 13, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She is half Irish on her father’s side and half Italian on her mother’s side.
- Beauty Mark under her right eye
- Tattoo under her right breast, written as “Myself”
30-24-32 in or 76-61-81 cm
Best Known For
For acting in an American teen drama TV series “90210” since 2008 as Annie Wilson. She also appeared in a Canadian teen drama TV series “Degrassi: The Next Generation” during 2004-2008 as Darcy Edwards.
In 2010, Shenae Grimes sang, directed, and wrote the song Myself and I. She has not released any album.
However, in 2009, she appeared in a music video titled All You Did Was Save My Life sung by the band Our Lady Peace. The video was shot in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
2005 film Shania: A Life in Eight Albums for her supporting role as Eilleen Twain, who was around 13-16 Years. This was a Canadian TV movie that premiered on CBC Television at 8 PM on November 7, 2005.
First TV Show
“Degrassi: The Next Generation”, which is her first TV show. She appeared in this Canadian teen drama TV series as “Darcy Edwards”. She appeared during 2004-2008 in this show. She also won a Gemini Award-For Episode “Eyes Without a Face”.
She has not hired a personal trainer. Instead, she is not an exercise and diet lover, she explains to OK magazine. She said that she does exercise when she feels a need and otherwise doesn’t. She is a busy girl. Regarding her diet, she explained that she is a great lover of fries, especially french fries and potato fries. She can’t leave them.
Shenae Grimes Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Fries (French Fries and Sweet Potato Fries), Chocolate, Pastry
- Favorite TV Program – 90210 (2008)
- Favorite Makeup Brand – M.A.C
- Favorite Inspiration – Natalie Portman
- Favorite Bands – The Killers, Jet, Hot Hot Heat
- Favorite Accessories – Gucci sunglasses, Vintage clothes
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Music Artists – Elliott Smith, Jim Morrison
Shenae Grimes Facts
- Shenae Grimes was named one of the most beautiful people without makeup in 2009 by People magazine.
- Shenae is an atheist.
- Sara Paxton is her good friend.
- She co-starred as Bridget in the 2008 drama film The Cross Road.
- In 2008, Grimes was ranked 8th on the Forbes list of Breakout Stars.
- Calynn Irwin, a Canadian snowboarder is one of her good friends.
- When she got selected to act in an American TV series 90210, she left Canada and her Canadian show “Degrassi: The Next Generation”.
- For her performance in 90210, she was nominated for a Teen Choice Award in the “Choice TV: Female Scene Stealer” category in 2010.
- She appeared in the short silent film Unzipped in 2010.
- In May 2011 she worked as an intern at Teen Vogue for 6 weeks. Actually, it was her dream to work as an editor for a fashion magazine.
- In 2011, she visited Japan and was caught up there due to an earthquake and tsunami.
- She has a younger half-sister named Maya.
- She co-starred as Jenibel Heath in the 2017 thriller film Blood Honey. Her co-stars in the film were Gil Bellows, Kenneth Mitchell, Don McKellar, Natalie Brown, Morgan Kelly, Scott McCord, and Matt Gordon.
- Alongside Angela Griffin, Wendy Crewson, David Cubitt, Al Mukadam, Matt Gordon, and Ben Bass, she co-starred as Det. Jacqueline “Jack” Cooper in the television police procedural drama series The Detail in 2018.
She’s my FAVORITE character in 90210!