Shenae Sonya Grimes
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Shenae attended Forest Hill Public School for elementary. She interned at Toronto’s Fashion Television as part of her high school education. She attended City Academy for her last two years of high school.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shenae Grimes dated –
- Adam Gregory (2008) – Adam and Shenae were rumored to be dating after they first met during their 2008 TV show “90210”. But, it seemed that an off-screen romance was never wanted. She said that “It is really hard to kiss a boy who is, in fact, prettier than ladies”.
- Ethan Rapoport-Cole (2009) – Shenae dated Ethan in 2009. This relationship didn’t go far and it broke in September 2009, as she had to leave Canada and move to Los Angeles after her success in TV series 90210.
- Josh Groban (September 2010) (see pic) – After 1 year of her break up with Ethan, Shenae dated briefly with American musician, Josh Groban, who is 8 years older than her.
- Brendan Fallis (May 2011-August 2011) – Canadian DJ, Fallis had a fling with Shenae in 2011.
- Josh Beech (2012-Present) – English model and musician started dating Grimes in July 2012 and the couple engaged in December 2012. On May 10, 2013, the duo married. They have a daughter named Bowie Scarlett Beech (b. September 27, 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
She is half Irish on her father’s side and half Italian on her mother’s side.
- Beauty Mark under her right eye
- Tattoo under her right breast, written as “Myself”
30-24-32 in or 76-61-81 cm
Best Known For
For acting in an American teen drama TV series “90210” since 2008 as Annie Wilson. She also appeared in a Canadian teen drama TV series “Degrassi: The Next Generation” during 2004-2008 as Darcy Edwards.
In 2010, Shenae Grimes sang, directed and wrote the song Myself and I. She has not released any album.
However, in 2009, she appeared in a music video titled All You Did Was Save My Life sung by the band Our Lady Peace. The video was shot in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
2005 film Shania: A Life in Eight Albums for her supporting role as Eilleen Twain, who was around 13-16 Years. This was a Canadian TV movie premiered on CBC Television at 8 PM on November 7, 2005.
First TV Show
“Degrassi: The Next Generation”, which is her first TV show. She appeared on this Canadian teen drama TV series as “Darcy Edwards”. She appeared during 2004-2008 in this show. She also won a Gemini Award-For Episode “Eyes Without a Face”.
She has not hired any personal trainer. Instead, she is not an exercise and diet lover, she explains to OK magazine. She said that she does exercise when she feels a need and otherwise doesn’t. She is a busy girl. Regarding her diet, she explained that she is a great lover of fries, especially french fries and potato fries. She can’t leave them.
Shenae Grimes Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Fries (French Fries and Sweet Potato Fries), Chocolate, Pastry
- Favorite TV Program – 90210 (2008)
- Favorite Makeup Brand – M.A.C
- Favorite Inspiration – Natalie Portman
- Favorite Bands – The Killers, Jet, Hot Hot Heat
- Favorite Accessories – Gucci sunglasses, Vintage clothes
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Music Artists – Elliott Smith, Jim Morrison
Shenae Grimes Facts
- Shenae Grimes was named one of the most beautiful people without makeup in 2009 by People magazine.
- Shenae is an atheist.
- Sara Paxton is her good friend.
- When she got selected to act in an American TV series 90210, she left Canada and her Canadian show “Degrassi: The Next Generation”.
- In 2008, Grimes was ranked 8th on the Forbes list of Breakout Stars.
- Calynn Irwin, a Canadian snowboarder is one her good friends.
- She has appeared in a short silent film Unzipped in 2010.
- In May 2011 she worked as an intern at Teen Vogue for 6 weeks. Actually, it was her dream to work as an editor for a fashion magazine.
- In 2011, she visited Japan and was caught up there due to an earthquake and tsunami.
- She has a younger half-sister named Maya.